Chapter Sixteen

I helped Mira around the dinning area of the hall, trying to keep my mind as occupied as I could. At first, Mira thought I was jumping back into activity too quickly, but is glad that my spirits are a lot higher now.

"It was being trapped in the room for too long," she half laughed. Just like Hibiki wouldn't let me- no stop it.

I avoided Elfman, even when he would try to approach me, not wanting another episode to happen. Natsu and Lucy finally went on that 'job request' Natsu has been planning. I haven't had the chance to confront him about Bickslow. No one has heard from Bickslow since yesterday when he spontaneously ran off.

"He would never run off, especially if it meant leaving Lisanna behind," I couldn't help eavesdrop on Evergreen, Laxus, and Freed's conversation.

"Exactly. He was head over heels for her for as long as I can remember," Freed agreed.

"I wonder if Lisanna did something to upset him? She sure had Elfman worked up," Evergreen said.

"She's not in a healthy state right now, I wouldn't doubt her acting up."

"Hey, come on guys. Don't talk about her like that, what if you were in her shoes?" Laxus set his drink on the table.

"I'm sorry, but I'm on Elfman's side. She needs to open up and tell us what's going on.."

I bit my check, walking up to their table. Freed and Evergreen's faces flushed, I guess hoping I hadn't heard their chat.

"Can I clear any space for you guys?" I asked. Moving back, they let me grab their plates, silverware and empty glasses. I turned to leave when I felt a slight tug on my shirt.

"Hey, if you get too overwhelmed or just want to relax, I'll take you home," Laxus whispered. "Come find me and we will leave."

"Thanks, but I'm doing ok. I won't recover by laying around all day."

"Ok, don't over work yourself."

I plastered on a smile and carried their dishes back to the kitchen. I can't relax, relaxing gives me the chance to relive some of my worst memories, brings night terrors, lets me think about how each day, instead of rebuilding a relationship, I ruin one.

People walked in and out of the guild as I returned to the dinning area. It's so weird to think about everyone living their own lives, stuck in their own bubble. Like their problems are vastly different than mine, but everyone still has their problems.

I hoped one of the people who would walk in was Bickslow. Sometimes I wonder if I've gotten too attached to him, but at the same time I desperately want to know what went wrong so suddenly.

My thoughts are so empty, what did I ever think about before I met Hibiki? Why was I even attracted to Hibiki?

Stop it, get it out of your head. You can't move on until you forget about it. But.. I can't forget about it, the two outlets I tried both turned me down.

What if I had run away when we returned from Edolas? Everyone would be so much happier, no one would have to put up with me, no more problems. Hibiki would have found a better girlfriend, Cana would still be here and be happy with Bacchus, Natsu and Lucy would be together without my knowing, Bacchus would be rich and full of life, Mira and Elfman wouldn't have to worry about me, everything would have turned out so much better without me.

With out me.

Maybe I should just 'leave' Fairy Tail in the same fashion Cana did.

"Lisanna, you are staring off into space," Mira lightly bumped me with her hip.

"Oh, sorry. Still trying to come back down to earth," I smiled sheepishly.

"It's alright. Hey, Erza, Juvia, and Levy are waiting outside, they want to take you out on a girl's night out."

"What about you? Are they going to invite you?"

"Nope, I have something else I am committed to tonight. But go have fun, hopefully it will be a break from everything."

"I guess I could go. Seeing as though, I'm pretty sure the thing you have going on is Laxus."

"Shh," she playfully shushed me. "He is doing me a favor tomorrow, and I don't know how long he will be gone. So I want to have some time with him."

"That's understandable, I did basically barge into you two's house."

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I know, I'm just messing with you. I'll go with the girls tonight."

"Thank you," she hugged me tightly but carefully. "If anything goes wrong, have one of them take you home. I don't know if I will be there, but I won't be out all night."

"Will do."

She waved me off as I met up with the three ladies waiting for me. Erza and Levy were happy to see me, but Juvia was slightly on the skeptical side.

For the next four hours, I felt free, happy. Like, sincere happiness. We talked about their boyfriends and who's was more annoying or who's was more adorable. We ordered pizza and ate at the park, almost getting attacked by a vicious gaggle of geese. Finally, close to midnight, we ended up at Levy's house, sitting on the living room floor.

"Here are some blankets and pillows for you guys," she passed out each.

"Thanks. Where's Gajeel?" I asked.

"He is taking up more jobs recently, he said he wants to do something fancy for our year and a half anniversary."

"Ooh," Erza and Juvia harmonized. I never realized how close this group was.

"I wish Jellal did that type of stuff, but he likes casual dates rather than fancy."

"Yeah, Levy you have it lucky," I laughed.

"What about you?" Julia questioned. "Isn't Bickslow on a job request?"

I stopped laughing, looking down. "I guess so."

"I mean, come on. What kind of man just up and leaves the girl he likes, without saying anything? Unless she did something to deserve it?"

"Cut it out Juvia," Levy stared daggers at her.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to make sense of all of this," she put her hands up in surrender.

"This is supposed to be a night of fun, not to interrogate Lisanna," Erza added. "Why don't we watch a movie?"

"I'll go make some popcorn," Levy bounced up.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," I managed, trying to keep my posture as best as I could as I exited. Closing the door behind me, I slid down it, bringing my knees to my chest.

I'm a mess.

Hope you enjoyed !!