Chapter 1 (Part 2) (Crucible for The Family Part 2)

A tear dropped, crushing my soul in half. I suddenly heard a loud scream from behind me. My mom. I turned around to see her sobbing, knelt down on the floor. She starting to say some prayers. I didn't know what to do. I was frustrated and pissed at society for showing me this. Making my little brother Ben die. "Beatrix, honey." I turned around and looked at her on the eyes. "Sweetheart, do you know where father is?" She sounded so unconcerned. Just then I thought to myself: is he really dead? I couldn't believe it. Two family members dead in one god damn day. This was literally the worst day of my life. I walked over to the corpse of my little brother Ben. I grabbed his teddy bear and flung it into my now very ripped purse. "I'm going to keep this forever," I told my mother. "And I will never lose it, no matter what!" I had to keep a promise to my mother. Some kind of words of encouragement. I had no idea what to do. "Mom," I said while turning to look her in the eyes. "We will find dad!" She turned her head to the left then right. "I think he's dead..." she said in a very tearful way. I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I wanted to find him. I wanted to hug him and thank him for everything he's done for me. "Beatrix, we will find him, just, dead" my mother said. I had confidence that he was alive. Not a great chance of luck but some. I grabbed my mom's hand and we took off. We ran through the debris and corpses that lie there, ready to rot. Decomposing through concrete.

We soon ran to the building that my dad works in. I was all broken down now, surprisingly starting to rust. I never thought that was possible. I saw tons of dead corpse on the floor. I tried to ovoid all of them. Dead bodies is just a thing that creeps me out. My mom and I started to walk up the stairs, as they started to twist. I suddenly heard the sounds of breathing and the coughs of my father. "He's alive!" I ran into the room which was filled with twenty-seven corpses. The twenty-eighth was my dad and luckily he was alive. "Dad!" I yelled as I heard my mom yell "Bobby!" I grabbed his body and hugged it as tight as I could. "Sweetie!" He said in a calm but slightly excited voice. "I'm sorry, but I can't stay here, it's dangerous." He said. I didn't understand. "Who or what is dangerous?" I asked. "The Infiltrators. They're coming..." I was confused. "What are Infiltrators?" I asked. "Don't ask, you'll be too frightened." I was already scared. "The lab, it's somewhere in a facility. You need to find it before anyone else does!" I was very confused and terrified about what he was talking about. "Every week he releases a new update to the Infiltrators. And by update, I mean ability." I looked at my mom with a confused look on my face. "Ok... I guess I follow." "Good, now they will get more powerful as they go. Make the most of now, they are in their weakest form!" My father said. I tried to take it all in. "I won't explain what they are but let's put it like this: they are zombies." A shiver ran right down my spine. I couldn't believe it. "Now, I can't stay and I'm no longer safe. You can not be near me and no one can. So, I'm sorry I have to do this." He grabbed a gun from the bottom of his desk. My mom and I yelled "NO" at the exact same time. He brought it to his head. I could see his finger go closer and closer to the trigger. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Boom.

The trigger was pulled and his sight grew darker. He flew back into the window and crashed it. The solid window started to crash into a million pieces. He fell, like tumbling hay barrels of blood spewing out his veins. We ran to look out. His body started to go faster. We were only on the second floor so I hoped he was going to be ok. When he hit the car a loud explosion grew and flames flew everywhere. A loud crash blew all the windows on the first floor away and onto the desks and floor. I grew to a point of shock and silence.

The second person to die today was my father.

--------

If your liking it so far then please share this to your friends and comment what you think about it.