Chapter 5 (The Lab)

She chuckled then gave me a big smile. "You see death is a common thing in the sight of fear. Your early rate speeds up and then you collapse because of the immense speeds and pain it's in." My mom hit my back to try and get the spit out. I finally coughed it out and gasped for air. She chuckled to herself. Everyone paused as she said these lines: "do you know why I was at the lab, Beatrix?" I looked up at her in confused. "Because that's where I got infected. Everyone in the group turned around with bloodshot eyes. I jumped back as my mom and Fury ran. They approached me. "Beatrix, Beatrix, BEATRIX!" My mom slapped me. "You passed out from coughing." I looked around the room in confusion. My voice was still scratchy so all I could say was "how did... you... bring... here?" "Emily picked you up and brought you to their base." I looked at Emily. She gave me another creepy smile. "I looked at you and smiled because you look like my sister. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to creep you out doofus." I took a deep breath. One thing had to confirm that this was real I know exactly what that is. "How do you know about the lab?" I asked. She looked down at the floor with a sad face. It fit the setting perfectly. It was a dark but very large room. The ceiling level was probably 35 feet and the actual room would probably be 50 by 50. "You see. My older sister worked there with your dad. She hung out with older kids and learned slang and that's why I talk like this. The lab was a place where she could let out her true feelings and work with people she liked. She enjoyed working with your dad. But on one day it went haywire. We were working on cures but put them together and made a virus. Then it spread. My sister got it and your father was forced to kill her. He escaped successfully. That thing killed my sister and I will avenge her by killing as many Infiltrators as I can in my lifetime!" I started to cry a bit. That story felt so real. "Just... uhh... don't get the three scratches." "What are those again?" She inhaled then exhaled. "The three scratches are the stages of an Infiltrator. If you have one scratch, you only will become an Infiltrator if you get mad. Two scratches means for 5 hours a day and three scratches is... well, my sister." "You're luckier then I was." She looked at me and crossed her arms and asked "how do?" "My brother had no reason to die, yet he did. He was so young! Not even in the double digits!" I shed a lonely tear down my right cheek. "How did you get this area?" I asked as I wipe the tear off my face. "This was the old lab before it got spotted by the government." "That explains why he said 'I can't stay here'" I got up from the lonely bed in the corner of a large empty room. The walls were a very dark green. It reminded me of him. My little brother. His favorite color was green. He would have loved this place with his stuffed teddy bear. I gulped. I took a deep breath and prepared to show myself to the other Gas Masks. "Mason!" He walked over to me with his long blonde hair flowing in the wind. "Yeah?" "Did you have anyone who knew about the lab?" He shook his head. "No, sorry. Have you talked to Emily yet? She knows all about it." "I know, she's told me already. You know? About her sister and stuff." He made a face of "ew, that was bad" to me. "The first time I heard that story I almost fell over crying." I walked away from him and over to my mom who was talking to Brian. "Hey, Brian!" He looked over at me in panic. "What? Is there an intruder? I knew it! Get the gu -" "there's no intruders. Relax man." He kept looking in all directions like he had hysteria or something. "I can't stop being paranoid!" "Why?" I asked. I was afraid to hear the answer. "Because of her..." I looked around then looked at Emily. She glanced over at me then gave me a smile. I knew she was creepy. "Why?" I asked as I looked back over at him. "She, leads them..." I gasped. "Do you know anybody who can wash my dress?" I looked down to see Avery under me. "Yeah, ask my mom." She walked over to my mom and I looked back at Brian. "Thanks for telling me this."

-------------------------------------------------------

Hope you are enjoying this story!