Chapter 7 (Part 2) (Taken Away)

"How? Why wouldn't he point this out?" He looked over at Mason then back at me. "Because he tricks people. Brian is a man that likes to trick people then destroy them. Didn't you ever wonder why he stopped being paranoid after Emily turned into that creature? Well, that's because he knew it would happen." I all made sense now. "I get it. But how is she able to turn into that thing?" He moved himself around in the small part of the wagon. "The lab. That's all I can and am going to say. I don't want to go into great detail on what happened." I looked around then said "why?" "Because, I just don't want to. Haven't you ever wondered why I'm in this group?" I moved my eyes up then down to look at her. "No. I just thought you had a skill of some sort."
"No, it's just that we were lab friends. But then she changed. I started to get quieter and quieter as she turned more and more into a huge bitch."
I gave her a I-know-that-sucks-but-I-don't-know-what-to-say face. "No one was talking to me any more. I was in a state of depression. Now I'm in an even deeper state of depression. I need help." I put my hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be ok."
We slept through the loud sound of wolves and crickets all throughout the forest. I couldn't sleep that night. It was just too loud.
It was finally morning! I made it! I hit the 1 day mark. "The shift is over Avery. It's my turn to watch this Infiltrator." They switched seating. He gave me a look that told me he hated me. "You liked me before. What changed?"
"Are you kidding me Beatrix? I would expect more from you." I jumped. The man was there, walking next to me on the road to the prison. "Beatrix? Are you ok?" Mason asked me. "Yeah, I just... um, saw a scary image in my head. Yeah, that's all." He looked weirded out. "K. Tell me if you feel weird." "Ok, I will."
He stared at me. I gave him the 'what' look. "You know where you're going, right?" I turned my head left and right. "Well, let me describe it to you. Imagine a terrible place where you are chained up to a wall on a wall of Infiltrators. They may not be there because you're probably going to be in the 'special' room." My eyes widened. He chuckled a little bit. "You look surprised. Or is that scared? I can't tell. It is clear that you can't talk to me right now because of what's his name but just ask him if you're going to the 'special' room." I nodded then looked at Mason. "What are you doing? You're nodding your head and doing weird movements. You really are crazy." I smacked the wood on the wagon. "I am not crazy! I was thinking about the 'special' room!" He looked surprised. "How do you know about that?" Now I looked surprised. "Um... Avery told me." Avery looked back with a stern face. I gave a face that said 'go with it'. "Yeah, I did." Mason was mad now. "What the... why would you do that?" She though of a reason for 5 seconds then said "because I know that she's not an Infiltrator."
Mason was pissed. He slowly turned his head back toward me. "Well, since you know about that then I guess you should know about the execution room." My jaw dropped. "I'm going there?" He smiled. "Yes."
"Why? I did nothing! If anything it was Emily who did something! Oh yeah! She killed my mother!"
"No." I was really mad. "What do you mean no?"
"I mean no because she didn't kill her." I gasped. My mommy's alive. "Where is she?" He shakes his head. "I'm not sure. Ask Emily when you get there."
"Damn it! I'm with Emily! No, put me with someone else! I can't be with that monster." He put his hand on my shoulder. "It's ok. She's tied up now. You'll be safe." I gave him a look. "But will I?" He nodded. "Yes. You'll be safe." I didn't want to look at him but I had to. "Can you prove to me in some way how you know that I am going to be safe." Langston chuckled. I looked at him. "You don't know what Mason will say, right?" I nodded. "Look at him. He's about to say the words that will describe your last days on earth." I gasped. I slowly turned my head towards Mason. He spoke these words: "you'll be safe because you'll be tied up too."