Chapter 7 (Taken Away)

I gasped in fear of what he just said. "What does that have to do with being invisible?" I asked. "Everything. You see, I saw you and your fathers reunion and I know that you know what happens to an Infiltrator every week. I am  a... what should I call it? Oh, special Infiltrator with special abilities. I have the ability to be invisible. But, that's all I can get since he's stuck now-" "wait!" Who's stuck?" He chuckled. "The creator!" Everyone around me was confused. "She's crazy right?" Someone said. "Who's the creator?" I asked. "The Man In The Dark Coat is what people call him. He adds abilities to the Infiltrators every week." I was confused. "How is he able to do this?
"He is able to because of the blood that is transferred into the body when bitten or scratched. You see, the first person to get the infection had unique blood that could transfer things to people because of genetic mutation. When the second one got infected it spread over to him. And now that unique person is everyone who's scratched or bitten!" I was terrified. "Who would sign up to get an infection?" I asked. "It wasn't advertised as an infection. It was advertised as helping to cure cancer." This guy must be crazy. But maybe he isn't. How does he even know this much? "How do you know this much about the lab?" I asked. "Because I used to work there! Isn't it obvious?"
"Why would you want to work at what is basically an insane asylum!?" He chuckled. "You should have realized it by now." "Realized what?" A snap was heard right next to my right ear. I turned to look at it and it was nothing. No one was there. I turned to look over at the man but he had vanished. "Am I truly insane?" I asked myself. "You might be" Brian said. He looked over at The Gas Masks. "She might be one." I gasped. "I'm not an Infiltrator!" He looked over at me and said "take her away." "No! You're making a huge mistake. I really am not one. Look around my body there are no bites or-" "or what?" I stopped. "Why is your stomach bleeding?" Brian asked. "Because the man had a tight grip on me while I was trying to save my mom." He looked at me with stern look. "The IMAGINARY man you mean? Yeah, you're definitely crazy. Take her away Gas Masks." They grabbed me with all their might. "No!" I yelled. I looked around and to the left I saw the man. "Who the hell are!?" He chuckled. "Langston Riley. I did this to you. Soon you will feel it. Soon you will let it come out and play a little game called God." I let them take me. I didn't say a word.
"Look around. Make sure there are no Infiltrators. We can't have them messing this up." I was thrown into a wagon. "Go now. Mason, you move the thing. Avery, guard her." I was surprised when they put a little girl to guard me. I got strapped onto the wagon. "How long is the journey?" Asked Avery. "2 Days, tops. Now let's get moving! Come on, come on!"
We started to move. The wind went through my hair as the cold shivers down my spine surrounded me. I could feel every single thing that touched my face. "Avery, do you believe me?" She pulled out a piece of a baguette and took a bite. "No." She said in a women's voice. How? She's like 8. "How do you have such a deep voice?" She took another bite before telling me. "I went through some woods with no clue of what to expect. Then my dad came swinging an axe at me. I panicked and threw myself under a large piece of bark. It slipped through the flesh on my arm. Now I have a mark on my arm." She lifted up the sleeve. There was a long scar down her shoulder going to the tip of her middle finger. "I went up and over the bark and he punched my chest. Now my voice box is permanently broken." She lifted up her shirt and "no! You're a girl! I don't want to see that!" She looked mad. "I'm a boy. Well, transgender. Plastic surgery. It's ok, you can look." I looked back. He really did have plastic surgery. She put her shirt back down. "Do you remember when Brian was paranoid about 'Emily.'" I looked up at her. "Yeah." She chuckled.
Do you know who he was talking about?" I nodded. "Yeah, Emily right?" She smiled. "Right?" She looked up at me and said "no. It was me!" I gasped.