Chapter 4 (When They Came)

The car engine whirred up. Gas pushed its way up into the atmosphere creating a disgusting grey puff of smoke. The car moved an inches then quickly stopped. "What the -" he paused. He quickly looked around the front area to see if anything was wrong and then he noticed that he used the worst car of all to get here. "No no no no no!" He bellowed at the glass in front of him. "What wrong Lieutenant Fury? Did you break the the god forsaken car?" My mother asked. He hit his face with him hand and slowly wiped it down his face while turning to face both of us in the back seat. "I chose the worst car," he quickly turned around and hit the radio while yelling "no!" My mom put her hand out and said "stop! You're going to break it even more!" He turned around and gave a stern look.
An Infiltrator pushed through the window with force and energy. "Damn!" Yelled Fury. "An Infiltrator!" I yelled at him. "I realize that!" A hand pushed through the roof of the car, creating a large dent which was about a foot. A hand popped out and tried to grab my face. "Son of a -!" I yelled. "Beatrix! Watch out!" I looked at her while I slapped the Infiltrator's hand. "Do you think we can run for it?" Fury said to us. "No. We're surrounded." Around us were 15 Infiltrators trying to punch a hole through the car in order to make their race even stronger. Gun shots suddenly were heard from all around us. "What the hell is that?" I asked. "I'm not sure. I didn't ask for backup because I have no device to do that anymore. So what could it be?" Footsteps got closer. I looked through the window to see a women with blonde hair standing there with a lowered gas mask. Her clothes were all black and she had a camouflage leather jacket on. 4 people followed behind her that consisted of:
A man in all camouflage with a gas mask backwards and facing behind him on his neck. He had dark purple hair with green highlights. There was another woman who had black hair who had a gas mask on her left shoulder. She had average clothes (a sweatshirt and some jeans) that were ripped. A man was behind her with a gas mask on his head pushing back his blonde hair. His hair was pretty long almost reaching his shoulders. His clothes were a black long sleeved shirt and jeans. The final person was behind the man in all camouflage. She was a small girl, probably at the age of eight. She had big blue eyes and 2 gas masks, both on each shoulders. She had a ripped dress on (it looked like a princess dress or a dress up kind of dress.) "Sup!" Said the woman in front. "You bro's not infected?" Cool, we need to keep on moving!" I got out of the car and yelled "wait!" "Yeah, doofus?" I gave her a stern look. "Who are you?" I asked them. "I'm Emily Cotten and these are my teammates. The man in all camouflage is Brian Sarc. Girl with the gas mask on her left shoulder is Val. The guy with long hair is Mason and the small girl is Avery. Got it? Good!" What? She didn't even give me time to process this information. "We called our group the Gas Masks." Everyone behind yelled "yeah!" "Are you guys some group that fights off against these... things? Also, show some respect! I'll -" She laughed a little bit then walked over to me. "Hey miss smart mouth! I was in the lab where they created this virus. I already knew way to much then so how do you think I feel know?" I gasped. "Take me to the lab! My father used to be there!" She laughed under her breath. "Bob, heh. You must be Beatrix." "You're correct." She walked over and signaled her group to follow her. "You can come with us." I ran over to follow behind the Gas Masks. My mom and Fury followed behind me. "Should we trust them?" Fury whispered to us. "Not sure, they look vicious." My mother told him. "Beatrix, ask her where the lab is." "Ok." I propped my head up and yelled "Emily!" "Yeah, come up here doofus!" I ran up and said "where is the lab?" She smiled. "It's close, just wait and see." She didn't look right. She peered over at me as I was walking back to our area of the line. As she peered over she smiled. A shiver went down my spine. The creepy look on her face indicated something bad. I gasped then choked on my spit.

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope your enjoying this. It took me a year to get the idea in my head!