Chapter Seventeen: Tricks at the Pool

Darcie was almost surprised to see Mo and Thane sitting at a table in the hotel lobby like normal human beings.  Mo with a cup of orange juice, two muffins, and a waffle.  To her, however, the more amusing sight was Thane sitting holding a newspaper with a coffee and two pieces of toast to his right; he reminded her of a stereotypical cop with his coffee and donut sitting with a newspaper on a stakeout, though the cop version of Thane had prefered toast to a donut.

Era sat down next to Thane forcing her to sit across from him and between Mo and Era.  Era looked around and yawned, “Alright, boys, what’s good?” she asked sleepily.  Darcie wondered how many hours she actually slept.

“Waffles” Mo suggested.

“Alright” Era said taking his plate with the waffle.

“Hey!”

Era just smiled as Mo reluctantly got up to make another waffle.  Era looked down at the waffle and sighed, “He could have at least had gotten syrup and saved me the trip” she muttered getting up.

Thane looked at her over the newspaper, “Aren’t you hungry?”

“No” she said shortly.

“You wanna talk about it?” he asked.

“Since when are you all caring and feelings?” she snapped.

Thane folded the newspaper and set it on the table, “I mean have you told Era what happened at the pool?  What you did?”

Darcie took in a deep breath just to realise he smelled strongly of chlorine, “No” she said about to gag, “Have you thought about taking a shower?” she asked.

Thane smirked, “Yeah, have yet to.  Mo dragged me down here as soon as I got back, but after he asked why I both smelled like chlorine and was soaking wet” he said tilting his head.

Darcie gave a quick, nervous laugh.  “Yeah, sorry about that” she said, “So I should tell Era?”

Thane shrugged, “It’s up to you.  Probably, but you’re still the unfortunate victim of all this...so she keeps saying.  You don’t have to tell us anything if you don’t want to”

“Ugh, the syrup was behind the knives, who does that!” Era exclaimed drawing the attention of a few businessmen.

“Mo, to get back at you?” Thane suggested mildly.

Era tilted her head back and forth as if testing the theory then just shrugged and began to eat Mo’s stolen waffle.  Mo too sat back down with a new waffle, he looked and her and smiled.  “You aren't hungry?” he asked.

Darcie looked at Thane then back to Mo and shook her head, “Not really” she said.

Era looked at her with concern clear on her face but apparently decided against asking any questions.

Thane yawned then reopened the newspaper, “There’s a storm coming, I’d like to not have to drive in it” he muttered.

“Alright” Era said, “But where do we go?  We can just continue on forever...even if this was my initial plan”

“It’s your call, Era, I’m just the driver” Thane said absently.

“Uh huh” Era paused for a moment and looked at Mo.  “Any suggestions?” she asked.

Mo bit his lip for a moment then nodded, “So we not know anything about Darcie on our side of history, but what about the other side?  What about Alex?” he asked.

Thane hit the table with such force Darcie worried he’d break something, “No!  I am not going to see Alex!  That guy’s trouble!”

“No he’s not” Era muttered, “You just don’t like him”