Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Motel Vision

A girl resembling the one Darcie had seen in the alleyway with David headed toward the motel check in.  

Her hair still black and shoulder length while her eyes were still their cold grey.  Though instead of a Peter’s Pizza uniform she wore a pair of faded jeans stuffed into a pair of dark leather cowboy boots and a black short sleeve V-neck T-shirt, despite the cold early morning weather around her.

Darcie looked at Alex who was confused by the scene in front of him, “I thought it’d be more...dark, and Angels...or maybe, Dark Angels and Reapers.”

“This isn’t a dream vision.” Darcie paused, “I’ve only ever been like this twice before...this is real, Alex, this is happening right now.”

Alex shook his head, “No, that’s not possible, only Demigods hold that type of power.”

Darcie looked at him, “So what?  I’m a Demigod?”

Alex gave a short, half hearted laugh.  “No, you’re...I don’t know, and I won’t be able to tell you until I see an actual dream vision, not a memory or real life, whatever.”

“So you’re not curious about why I’m seeing this?” Darcie asked.

Alex tilted his head from one side to the other, “We have to kill time, so yeah, I’m curious.”

“Good.” she walked forward toward the motel check in building.  Darcie was surprised to find she could walk through the walls as if a ghost, and by Alex’s expression she could tell he too was surprised.  

Darcie looked around the small motel check in; there were two wooden chairs placed in front of a coffee table while a coffee machine sat on a table at the back, Darcie guessed it was the crappy and cheap type of coffee.  Finally there was a front counter in which the girl stood talking to a man with greasy black hair who wore a baggy white T-shirt with coffee stains and a loose pair of sweatpants.  

“You have any maps?” the girl asked.

The man laughed, “Yeah, but it’ll cost you extra.”

The girl rolled her eyes and pulled out a roll of cash that Darcie estimated to be at least thirty dollars, she slammed it onto the desk.  “Happy?” she muttered.

The man smirked and took the roll of cash before turning and grabbing a map from behind him.  He placed it on the table and smiled at the girl, “You be safe out there miss...what was it again?”

The girl took took the map, “Miss. Guardian, and trust me, if anyone was stupid enough to approach me in a dark alley I’d make sure they’d regret it.”

The man took a step back as the girl gave a quick, fake smile and left.  Darcie looked over at Alex who smirked as if something amused him.

“What?”

Alex shook his head and smiled, “Remind me not to go into any dark alleys.”

Darcie nodded and went through the door once again feeling more like a ghost than anything.  She stood in the parking lot next to Alex and watched as the girl entered one of the motel rooms.  

Darcie looked at Alex, "Should we go in?"

Alex smiled, "I'm curious and you're curious, I'd say that's enough reason to take a look."

Darcie looked back at the motel room door and swallowed hard, she walked toward it and went through the door as if it were nothing; she looked behind her as Alex went completely through the door, he shivered then smiled as if trying to show he was fine with the ghost like properties they held.