VII

It was the next week and mine and Lyshell's relationship is holding up pretty well. I had just previously woken up and now I'm currently watching Liya sleep. Yea, Yea shut up I'm not a creep.

"Take a picture it lasts longer, " Lyshell said stirring around in her sleep. I quickly closed my eyes and turned around hoping she wouldn't catch me up."Why you move like I wouldn't know?"

"Shit. Uh hey baby," I said shyly.

"Hi bitch." She said laughing as he phone started ringing. "Answer that!"

August- Yo?

??- Aug?

August- Trace? Hey, how you been?

Tracie- Good, come open the door.

August- Erm, okay I guess.

I was confused as hell, but I still went and opened the door. When I opened it I found someone who looked like Liya's ex with Tracie.

"Hey baby who's that?" Lyshell said walking up to the door. "What the- Tracie and Quan? Why y'all here?

"Hey love," Tracie screamed.

"Wassup Princess?" Quan replied. "Wassup um..."

"August." I said, "Who?" I mouthed to Lyshell.

"Later baby later," Lyshell said pushing me out the way so they could walk in.

Liya pov

So Tracie wants to come to my house with Quan like I wasn't going to notice something was up? She got another thing coming for that ass. I'm not fighting her though. I just want to know why she kept this from me for almost two years.

"How long were you here?" I asked Tracie.

"Oh about three days." Tracie said shyly.

"Bitch you didn't come earlier?" I yelled laughing. "Y'all staying for breakfast?"

"I can't I have to um... I can't," she said lowly.

"We need to talk tomorrow." I said showing her and Quan to the door.

___________________

"That was Quan from high school huh?" August asked as I pulled on my red toms. I was wearing my blue acid washed skinny jeans and a tight red shirt.

"Hmm?," I said walking towards my vanity.

"Lyshell stop playing. That was him huh?"

"Yea," I said putting on a gold necklace that says AAA and my gold studs.

"So why was he with Tracie? Isn't that your ex?" He asked.

"Look you gonna find out me and her gon talk about it tomorrow." I said.

"K. Lets go," He said with slight anger in his tone.

We were going to the studio. We have some work to get done I had just finished writing what is going to be his new single "Make It Home." I know I'm going to have to coach him through out this because I kind've made it emotional when he is supposed to say, "But if I don't make it home tonight Tell my mama that I love her Leave some flowers for my brother Girl I love ya" He has to talk about his brother so I know that's going to be touchy for my baby. We haven't even done song exercises so Ima have to sing in front of my uncle and cousins.

____________________

"I don't always do what I should

But I do what I gotta do

When you been at the bottom, you see the hunger inside of you

Don't say what you won't do

Cus it can all change

When the going gets tough it'll drive you insane

See I done dodged a couple shots

Served a couple blocks

Hit a couple corners tryna shake a couple cops

I broke a couple rules

Didn't graduate from school

Cus I was busy hustling man I thought that shit was cool." August sang into the microphone at the studio when my phone started ringing.

I excused my self since I needed to use the bathroom anyways.

Lyshell- Hello?

Quan- Hey baby

Lyshell- Never that, I'm with Aug and your with Tracie. I'm at work what you want?

Quan- Leave that nigga be with me.

Lyshell- Quan I would never! You fucked up big time. Used to beat on me now you want me back no no no!

Quan- Bet the head aint the same though.

Lyshell- You right its better now Bye Quan.

I walked back to the room and I guess I was red cause when August looked at me his expression suddenly changed from happy to mad. I walked over to my uncle and asked how he did on the next part. He told me he did well just needed my help on the time breakage.

"August come here," I mouthed. He came as told and sat down. "Baby its 'See I gotta keep it real wit you baby

Cus the shit I used to do is what made me

And I'm hopin I ain't gotta go back to the trap

Cus we really know that we don't want that ...

But if I dont make it home tonight' Dont start the next part yet wait a lil then you got it. Okay?"

He gave me a head nod and went back into the booth. Singing the lyrics made me feel like alot better then I did before. I looked at August in the studio and gave him a smile. Then I looked down to my feet and felt heat rise above my face. I was blushing from my thoughts of August and myself.

"Something I need to know?" asked my uncle.

"I'm no longer single." I said lowly.

"What?" said Jayson.

"Oh Jay shut up!" I had a whole argument with Jayson and I didn't realize that August had finished his part of recording and that they were editing before they sent it over to Jeezy for his feature.

----------------------

Just a lil something for the ones who have been waiting !

: Liya knew about Tracie and Quan for damn near 2 years.

: How Aug gonna react to finding out all that plus Quan was sneak dissin.