Ranch Day High - Homeroom - Tuesday August 12th 7:30 A.M.

I walk into homeroom a few seconds early. Well early enough to pick out a seat I want. I find one near the window at the very back of the classroom. This would be the ideal spot. I smile for the first time today. Today can be a good day.

Just then, the finally bell rang and a whole herd of teens coming running through the small door, as if doing that isn't gong to make them late enough. I just sit in my seat observing everyone, waiting silently for the announcements to play. Everyone takes their seats in class and YES! I think. Nobody's sitting next to me. I sit a bit more comfortable.

The teacher walks up to the front of the room. I take a quick glance at my schedule neatly placed in the front of my binder to find out what her name is.

'Ms.Ottatick' it reads.

I look back up and she's talking now.

"So everybody to the back of the room! seating charts yay!" Ms.Ottatick says happily like she just one the lottery.

Everyone in the class groans as they get out of their seats mumbling words I don't understand, making the desk screech.

The teacher starts going down the list of students names while pointing towards the desks where their picked and then I hear my name.

"Chloe Lyons" She smiles as she points to a desk in the very middle of the class next to some guy wearing a beanie.

I walk awkwardly towards my desk, afraid that I'm feeling people's eyes on me.

"The good thing is, I believe I have you all for first period, which is next! yay!" I hear the teacher say. "Hold on students! I have to run to the office to grab some ideas I forgot real quick!" she speeds off.

Man she's getting on my nerves with this excited act she's doing. I think.

"Same here." I hear the guy next to me say. I look over at him and NO WAY it's that hot guy with the grey eyes. I can't believe this.

I smile broadly.

He laughs. "Why are you smiling?" He asks still laughing.

Ehmagawd he has the cutest laugh ehever. oops I must still be smiling.

"Um." I try to say something, but nothing comes out.

Ms.Ottatick comes back into the classroom through the hallway.

"Okay! Lets get started! You all will need one person to partner up with to start this project we're doing! So ready? Go!" She smiles.

Grey eyes looks at me. Oh shoot he's looking at me! Why is he looking at me!? I think.

"So are you just going to smile all day or are you going to be partners with me?" He asks as he looks into my eyes laughing.

"Oh. Yea. Totally forgot! Um, sure. Yes! We can be partners." I force a smile, hiding my embarrassment from him.

"Sweet! This'll be fun" He says looking up waiting for the teachers instructions.

I replay everything that just happened just now and wish I can go back in time and be more flirtatious or something. But yes, I smile again, this shall be fun. Then, I laugh.