Chloe's House - Living Room - Friday August 19th - 10:30 P.M.

I walk over to the kitchen refrigerator and get some water. I hear your supposed to drink 8 cups a day. I think I drank 0. Joe and Allison are upstairs in her bedroom. I make a face like I just chewed a lime.

Joe and my little sister.

I drink my water too fast and start choking.

"Chloe?" I hear my mom ask, coming from upstairs in her room.

I jump.

Everyone was already upstairs, right now. I just finished taking a shower and I got extremely thirsty. Joe's sleeping in bed with Allison. Apparently my mother is okay with that. This whole thing makes my sick to my stomach.

"Oh hey, mom." I giggle, relieved.

"Hey Chloe. Why are you so jumpy? What are you doing down here?" She asks, going into the cabinet to grab some wine.

I take a sip of my water. "Huh?"

She looks at me. "You looked scared to death when I came down here." She says, chuckling, her dark brown eyes glistening, wine glass in her hand.

"Oh." I say, trying to sound okay. "I'm just... tired." I laugh it off.

"Yeah I bet you are." She says, taking another sip out of her glass. "How was it? You know, with the boy? What's his name again?"

"Carter?" I wrinkle my nose. I don't even want to think of his name. "Oh, how was it? I don't know. Let's just say he's probably making out with his stepsister right now."

Just thinking about him and Meagan makes my stomach do a 360.

"Oh. I see." My mom says. "It's only your first relationship Chloe! I remember my first relationship. It was... complicated."

"Complicated is how you can describe me and Carter." I giggle.

"It'll work out, Chloe." My mom says, giving me a supportive look. "Just give it some time. Talk to him when your ready." she smiles.

"And what if I don't want to talk to him, ever?!" I ask, whining a little. "He lies to me so much. Lie after lying lie. It's getting really annoying, mom."

"You will want to talk to him sooner or later. Trust me. That's just they way relationships work. The more we hate them, the more it makes us want to talk to them more." My mom smiles.

I smile back at her. "Thanks, mom. Your the best, I hope you know that."

My mom grins. "Well your sister needs an older sister to look up to! She brings a new boyfriend upstairs to that room, everyday!" She chuckles. "I actually think this one is a keeper, though. He's not like those other guys she dates. This one actually knows how to commit to someone!"

I look down, thinking about Joe. The feelings I used to hid from him, when he was always hitting on me. It's too late now. "Yeah, he certainly knows how to commit to someone." I fake smile, taking another sip of my water, looking back and forth.

"I actually wouldn't mind seeing some little Jollisons runnin' around here." My mom giggles.

"Mom... Did you just? Okay.... Ew!"

My mom laughs really hard now.

"Mom! That is so gross!"

"He wouldn't abandon her, if he got her pregnant!" My mom takes another sip of her wine. "You see that little cute promise ring he bought her?" She raises her eyebrows.

I almost choke on my water again. "That thing was real?! What the freak?"

"Yes that thing is real! And its expensive. I can tell by those diamonds." My mom says, impressed.