Chloe's House - Living Room - Thursday, August 25nd - 7:00 P.M.

Carter has still never contacted me. What is his problem? It is Thursday now!

I flip to the next chapter of my book, sighing.

The Diary of Anne Frank.

"Hey Chloe." Allison says, coming into the living room, from the front door, grinning wide. She's wearing Pink sweatpants shoved into a pair off Ugg boots with a Hollister sweatshirt.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask, looking up.

"Why am I so happy? Life is good, Chloe!" She smiles bigger, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Not when you have a killer on the lose..." I sigh, thinking of Meagan.

"Oh, Chloe. I'm guessing you still never talked to Carter yet?!" She asks.

"Why are you so happy? What are you, Allison? 15 and pregnant now?" I look back down at my book, changing the subject.

She laughs.

"I was joking." I look at her. Carter still never called or texted me.

"I know you were joking, silly." She smiles. "But Joe and I are thinking of going down to the shelter to adopt a dog!"

I laugh. "A dog?! You hate animals, Allison. I remember the last time we went to the shelter and you acted like

you were a witness in a bank robbery!"

She just shrugs. "I'm grown up now, Chloe. Plus, it was Joe's idea, and mom is totally cool with it."

I look at her. "Okay first of all, mom's cool with everything. And secondly, of course it was Joe's idea."

"I knew you'd love our decision, Chloe." She says, patting my head.

I roll my eyes at her. "Where is Joe, anyway?"

"He's making hisself more comfortable in his new room." She smiles.

"Ah." I say.

"Look I understand why you've been acting all strange and weird with the whole Joe and me thing, and I want you to know, it's okay."

"You know?!" I spat.

How could she have possibly found out? Did Joe tell her he used to hit on me?

"Well duh." She says, looking at me.

"Joe told you?" I ask, shocked.

"Of course he did! He's the one wanted me to talk to you about you and and Carter's relationship. I mean, c'mon, we're sisters. I can't believe you told Joe before you told me about you and Carter being officially broken up with." She says, shaking her head slowly.

I sigh with relief. "Oh... yeah."

"Anyway, I know you probably feel like a third wheel and all with me and Joe so... close." She says, smiling.

"Oh... yeah." I say again, my eyes getting big.

"I think you should talk to Carter. Not just about the whole Meagan thing. But you know... Maybe you two can start over?" She looks at me. "Everyone deserves a second chance, Chloe."

I just look down.

"Sooo.... I booked us a double date in Beverly Hills this Friday!" She suddenly jumps off of the couch, jumping up and down. "Omg that's tomorrow!"

I jump off of the couch too, but not jumping up and down. "Allison! Why would you do that?!" I ask her, stopping her jumping.

"Because you and Carter belong together." She says in her usual duh voice.