Meet the Dursleys

"What is this Harry?" Cedric asked. "This is where I grew up." Harry replied with a frown. Draco looked to him in surprise. "In a muggle town?" he asked. Harry had only told him that he lived with his aunt, uncle, and cousin, not that they were muggles. Draco suddenly realized how little he really knew about his boyfriend. "The famous Harry Potter was raised by muggles!?" Cho asked, surprised. "Unfortunately." Harry replied. "I can't wait to see them!" Neville exclaimed. "They must be amazing if they raised you to be who you are!" Hermione and the Weasleys looked at each other nervously. They had all had brief encounters with the Dursleys, and they knew them to be quite rude people. "I wouldn't be so sure.." Ginny whispered. "What do you mea-" Draco began, but was cut off by Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall as they made their way toward a house labeled Number Four Privet Drive.

"He should be here by now!" Mcgonagall was whisper yelling. "Patience Minerva... If I did not trust that Hagrid would bring the boy safely then I would not have assigned him the task in the first place." As if on cue, Hagrid's flying motorbike came into view. It hit the ground with a screech before stopping directly in front of the headmaster. "Here ya go Professor Dumbledore! I got him here in one piece just like ya said!" The teens watched as Hagrid lifted the baby Harry off of the motorbike and carried him to the door. He laid the baby down on the porch and set a note next to him. He then started to cry softly. "Don't worry Hagrid. I'm sure you'll be seeing Harry soon enough. With parents like his, I'm absolutely positive he will be attending Hogwarts when he turns eleven." Dumbledoor siad soothingly, patting the half-giant on the back gently. "I know Dumbledoor, it's just that- ya see- I've been watchin' them muggles, and they've got ter be some of the rudest people I've ever seen." Neville's smile lessened when he heard this, and the Weasleys all nodded sadly. Draco looked as if he was still trying to figure out what was happening. "I know you're worried Hagrid, but this is the only family he has left." Dumbledoor continued. Hagrid nodded gravely, knocked on the door quickly, and the three teachers went their separate ways.

Harry sucked in a breath. This was it. His friends were going to find out everything. He heard the bolt on the door being undone. The door swung open to reveal Aunt Petunia standing in a bathrobe with her hair up in rollers. She looked around, confused. She had not yet noticed the baby at her feet. She was about to close the door when a small movement by her feet caught her eye. She looked down... and screamed at the top of her lungs. The teens covered their ears until it stopped. "VERNON! THERE'S A BABY ON OUR DOORSTEP!" A loud banging could be heard from the inside as Vernon made his way downstairs. The young wizards and witch who had never met the Dursleys before couldn't help but gasp as Vernon came into view. "Oh look. There's a note." Petunia bent down and picked up the piece of paper that was tucked into the baby's blanket. She gasped as she read the paper. "Oh my lord. They're dead. My poor sister. And her husband too." She momentarily forgot about any harsh feelings toward her sister."Don't be ridiculous Petunia! Good riddance! They probably got themselves blown up! I wouldn't expect anything better from their kind!" Harry just stood quietly. Not everyone else acted as calmly. "WHAT!?" Draco yelled. "Harry, these people are awful!" Cho exclaimed. Harry snorted. They hadn't seen anything yet. "Quick! Get him inside before the neighbors see!" Vernon exclaimed. The teens rushed through the door just before it closed on them.