18: Excuse me, what?

VargheseKaAntony!! Here's your request! And because you made me so happy I'll be publishing the next chapter real soon sranghae~
---------

"So what really is your answer in number 16? A or E? " Chanyeol looked at me in confusion. I giggled. Even tho I explained my answer clearly to him, he just won't get it.

"E, Chanyeol. Cause A is just the same as B it was just rephrased." I told him the simplest way I know he would understand, and luckily, he did. We're in the bleachers at the gym. The second day of the term exams is finally done. We're just reviewing for tomorrow's last exams. Chanyeol asked for my help and we end up here, reviewing his previous quizzes.

"Oh! That's why I'm wrong. I get it, I get it." He says laughing a little before encircling the correct answer with a red pen.

"Oh, right, um, where were you the other night?" he asked. He was absent yesterday so he didn't have the chance to ask me. I avoid his gaze by looking down the scattered papers around us.

I can't tell him the same reason I said to Chorong. I can't tell him I went somewhere after the game cause I was with him in the van back to the school right after the game.

Think Yunji.

Think.

"But it's kinda weird too, you know." he suddenly says, "when V called me to help looking for you, I told them I came down the van with you. But I helped to look for you anyway, but on my way down, I came pass by Baekhyun out the door of our dorm room-cause you know, we're dormates- then he asked where I was going. I said I'll be going to look for you. He said he saw you. And when I asked him where he saw you, he just smiled and said: she'll be safe. And he's right! Even tho you were gone for hours, you showed up the next day. And it's like you were never lost."

Hongbin said that...that he came pass by Baekhyun the time he took me in their dorm...

"Is that so..." That was all that came out of my mouth. He looks at me with a smile.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asks while he was smiling pitifully at me. I play with the ballpen as I avoided his gaze.

"Not about the 'you being lost' thingy. I mean what happened to you and Baekhyun?"

My heart leaped. Ofcourse. We were the trio of class A. Me, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Ofcourse Chanyeol will be astonished to know that Baekhyun and I started to avoid each other. I knew sooner or later he'll notice. Sooner or later, he'll ask. And this is that time. This is one of those times I've been dreading. I wouldn't know what to answer if he asks what did actually happen to us. I just can't simply say things to Chanyeol. He's been missing a lot lately. Ever since Baekhyun and I were in the contest, we lost time for him yet he was always there to support. He supported us like we were his parents. But he never knew the real deal.

"Something bad happened, huh?" He looks at me more deeply, pushing me to speak up, " I've talked to Baekhyun, you know. I asked him what did happen to you two. He kept on avoiding the topic. He kept on joking it off. He acted like it was normal for you two to avoid each other. Like he liked it that way. Like it was better that way. I saw he was happy even without you being there. But Baekhyun can't fake it as well as you do. Baekhyun's smiles were always true. And if he were to fake it, it would be really hard. But you, when I talk to you, you're happy. Like...Happy as in you're fine about things. Not fine as in fine but fine as in there's nothing to worry about. You were happy like you were telling me to be happy and don't mind anything else. You can fake that you like the idea of avoiding him because you do. In some part of you, you do like that idea. Cause you know something. You know stuff I don't know. You know what we're supposed to know but you're scared. You're scared that if you tell us, there won't be any other choice. That if you tell us, it won't change the fact that you have to do this."