30: Spill

Yunji's eyes widen. Chorong slapped Hongbin. The echo of her slap rings in their ears. Hongbin was stoned and took a long moment to recover. Chorong saw it all. How Baekhyun and Hongbin faced each other like predators fighting over one prey— Yunji. Chorong didn't clearly know why she had to do that. But she felt like Yunji had to be defended. Hongbin just kissed her! Infront of everyone! What're they gonna think about her now?!

"How dare you do this to her?!" Chorong yelled. Hongbin slowly faced her. Chorong stands infront of Yunji. Yunji looks at Chorong in shock. She holds Chorong's shoulder and gently shakes it.

"Chorog... Gwaenchana. It was for—" Chorong harshly faced Yunji, cutting her off.

"For who? For you? Jinjja (really)? You're blinded by this guy," Chorong points at Hongbin, "He's doing this for himself. Can't you see that?!"

"A-ani... Hongbin just tried to help me." Yunji defends though she was melting with Hongbin's stare. She gulped when Chorong's expressions just darkened even more.

"Cut your ties. I don't want to see both of you together ever. " Chorong eyed both of them. Yunji's eyes widen while Hongbin scoffed.

  Yunji can't believe Chorong was saying this. One of the persons she trusts and adores is telling her to leave Hongbin too?! Why is Chorong doing this?! Why does she want me to avoid him too?

"You can't control our lives, Chorong. " Hongbin bravely says.

"W-why are you doing this unnie?" Yunji asked Chorong, her body trembling. Chorong's face was emotionless.

"Yunji, do you even know what you're into?" she asked.  Yunji doesn't react. She knows she's still clueless about a lot of things. Chorong looks at Hongbin with rage in her eyes.

"If you think you can make another mistake with a scholar I'm not letting you." Chorong says with finality. Hongbin scoffed while Yunji's forehead creased.

"Chorong, " all their heads turn to the deep voice not from afar. Yunji nearly felt a heartattack in shock. She quickly turns to the person behind her. She felt her heart thump for some unknown reason.

V.

"I'll take it from here." V says with full authority. Chorong looks hesitant but she bows to them before she leaves.

Yunji's POV

    I watch Chorong leave the area. We were left with the snow slowly falling and the rustle of the trees and bushes around us. I look at V's back infront of me. He was wearing a red long-sleeved polo and slacks yet he still looks like a runway model to me.

"Do you want me to give both of you more punishments?" V asked and it sent me chills. He's mad, I can sense it. Hongbin briefly looks at me with a meaningful look before looking at V again. I silently pray he doesn't make this issue bigger with his frankness.

"Oh, I'm sorry Vice President, did I offend you by kissing her?"

Damn.

   I widen my eyes at Hongbin, warning him to stop whatever else he wants to say. V's eyes narrows and looks at him. I couldn't help myself so I grab his arm and he turns to me. The fury in his eyes were visible to me but I see it soften when he sees my reaction.

"H-hongbin just tried to help." I said though I wasn't sure myself why he suddenly appeared. I thought Hongbin was mad at me because I was avoiding him so I'm really curious how he ends up here.