Chapter 27

~Niall's POV~

  "Niall, I know you love her now, but she needs to know that the beginning was fake!" Greg says, exasperated.

   "Greg! You don't understand! She would be devastated if she found out, so I can't tell her!" I yell.

   "Niall, it's you who doesn't understand! Imagine if you didn't tell her, but then maybe in the future if you guys are married with kids she finds out. How do you think she would react then? She would be even more angry then!"

   "Greg, she's depressed already as it is! I don't want this to make her worse. She's tried killing herself already! Do you think I want to be the cause of her death?" I want to scream.

   "Niall, you need to tell her. It's as simple as that," Greg says calmly. I can't believe this.

   "Whatever. I'm going to go see if she's out of the shower yet," I snap, leaving the room.

   I go up to the bathroom, and it's empty, so I guess she's probably in my room. When I go into my room and it's also empty, I'm really confused. I didn't hear her come down. I'm about to go back downstairs when I see a piece of paper on the nightstand.

   Niall, I heard you and Greg talking. I can't believe you don't love me! How could you do this to me? Especially after you knew about my depression! I'm more than a little disappointed. I'm devastated. I can't believe I fell for you. I can't believe that I actually thought you fell in love with me. You're just another stupid guy that was probably just looking for a hook up.

   I'm not here anymore, as you can tell. I need some space, so I went for a walk. A long one. I don't know how long I'll be gone, or if I'll even come back. I probably won't come back. I'm sorry for leaving like this, but it's definitely justifiable after what I heard. Goodbye Niall.

   No. She can't be gone. All of her stuff is still here. She wouldn't just leave all her stuff. Unless... No. She wouldn't. She promised she wouldn't!

   "She's gone," I yell desperately, running back downstairs to Greg.

   "What are you talking about?" he asks, annoyed or angry or both, I don't know and I don't care.

   "Elissa's gone. She heard us and she left. She left a note and she's gone and not coming back. Greg, what have I done?" I ask, breaking down and crying. I never thought I would cry over a girl like this. This is all my fault. I'm an awful person.

   "I know you probably want me to feel bad for you right now, and while I do a little bit, I really don't. It is your fault; you should have told her. Now go," Greg says sternly.

   "Go?" I ask, confused.

   "Go find her, you idiot! She couldn't have gone far, especially if she doesn't have a car. Go."

   I run and grab my shoes and a hoodie and go out to the car. I start driving around the neighborhood, and after like twenty minutes I get worried when I don't find her. She must have literally ran away. I drive into town and start looking for her there.

   After an hour of going everywhere she could possibly be, I want to give up. But I can't give up now. She could be hurt or lost. I can only think of one more place she could be. I drive to the huge park on the edge of town and park.

   I start searching the park, looking behind every tree and bush and little stone wall. I want to ask people to help me, but there's no one else here. After an hour, I'm about to leave, when I realize I forgot one area of the park. I run to the very far end to where the river goes through the park. The river's pretty dangerous in the winter, so most people stay away from it for the few cold months.