Ch.14-Not Alone

Brandon shivered against a tree. His scarf was wrapped around his mouth, trying to keep that warm. He had spent hours looking for someplace warm.

He didn't find anything.

Brandon couldn't think of anything else to do. He had nowhere to stay. And this time, he couldn't crawl back to his father. He literally had nothing. Maybe he'd wake up and find himself back home in St.John's. Back in his room where there was nothing but silence, and he had a job to go to as an excuse not to stay home and get hit by his dad. But he knew that would never happen. He'd be here.

Brandon huddled as tightly as he could. The dark sky and the rain was a deadly foe. One that could hurt him now more than ever.

Brandon stuffed his scarf inside his shirt. He didn't want to get that ruined. His eyes looked up in the sky. It was cloudy. Really cloudy. Why couldn't it be a clear sky all the time? A clear sky was welcoming to look at, and brought delight to people's hearts. Why couldn't the rain and clouds disappear?

Brandon shut his eyes, as he felt his body getting colder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto walked into Tsunade's office, happy. Sakura and Sai followed him. Tsunade was in her office, with Kakashi and Jiraya next to her desk.

"Ah, Naruto! Back so soon?" Tsunade said.

"Yeah, Lady Hokage! It just started getting dark when we arrived!" Naruto said. "So where's Brandon?"

The room fell silent.

"Is something the matter?" Sakura asked.

"Brandon has fled the Hidden Leaf." Kakashi said. "A witness saw two members of the Akatsuki talking to Brandon further away from the village grounds."

"That's it?" Naruto said.

"What do you mean?" Tsunade said.

"Are you guys dumb?! Maybe the Akatsuki made it seem like Brandon was working with them when he wasn't! Everyone but Sai in this room knows Brandon's events! He would never side with those dirtbags! Didn't you think of that?" Naruto yelled.

Tsunade was silent. She realized what Naruto said was right. "You're right...oh-no!" She yelled. "My boy! What did I do?"

Naruto glared. "I'll tell you what you did! You scared him, drove him out of his home, and now he could be dead! That's what you did!" He said.

Sakura went to the doorway. "If that's the case, I'm going to look for him." She said.

"Same!" Naruto said.

Sai shrugged. "It would seem my best option would be to find this boy." He said.

The three left. Tsunade felt tears streak down her face.

"What have we done?" Jiraya said.

"We could've killed that kid for all we know..." Kakashi said. He ran out of the office. "We need find him!"

Tsunade covered her face with her hands. "I'm such a terrible mother...I drove out my son...I can't believe I did such a terrible thing..." She said, crying.

Jiraya left as well, leaving Tsunade in her office, crying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon wasn't moving. He had struggled enough. He was now unconscious. His skin was turning purplish blue. His body was shaking a bit. His face was damp. His clothes were muddy. The only thing completely fine in all this was his scarf, carefully tucked in his shirt.