Ch.17-The Hidden Rain

Brandon was in a clearing practicing his Scarlet Rain Jutsu. Jiraya noticed that Brandon ate while they walked, and practiced when they stopped. Anymore and Brandon would pass out. He was pushing himself to far past his limit, which wasn't good.

"Brandon!" Jiraya yelled out from the bottom of a tree, eating some Ramen in a cup.

Brandon looked over at Jiraya. "Yeah?"

"That's enough training. Come over here and eat."

Brandon walked over and sat next to Jiraya. "I can always eat on the way."

"But it isn't working out for you. You'll pass out a the first sight of a foe." Jiraya said. He handed Brandon a cup of Ramen, filled and ready to eat.

"But I have to keep up my work in order to save Sandra! I can't let her get killed, she doesn't know what she's up against!" Brandon said.

"Neither do you." Jiraya said. "Constantly rushing around everywhere can't help you. I'm keeping a close eye on you so you'll at least be able to cover me."

Brandon gloomed. "Okay...." He silently started eating his Ramen.

Jiraya looked at Brandon. "This person is important to you, I get it. I know what it's like to want to protect someone important. But this won't work all the time. Sometimes you have to slow down and take your time."

Brandon frowned. "Okay..."

Jiraya laughed. "I'm not trying to dampen your spirits, I'm saying you can train, but not constantly, but you can!"

Brandon smiled. "Awesome! Can I train at our next stop?"

"Okay, now you're pushing it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon stared at the water. It was beautiful. It looked amazing. The water sparkled with white lights.

Jiraya walked over to a small boat. Brandon followed.

"Hey, Jiraya-Sensei, where are we going now?" Brandon asked.

"The Hidden Rain Village. I think the Akatsuki leader is there." Jiraya said, climbing into the boat. "Push the boat away from the shore, will you?"

Brandon jumped into the boat and pushed it away from shore.

"That sounds like a tough fight." Brandon said.

"Our first priority is to rescue your friend. Then we take 'em down." Jiraya said.

"Fair enough." Brandon said. He looked at the sky. It was getting darker.

"Oops. I forgot. We must use Transformation Jutsu so we won't be detected. Transform into frog." Jiraya said.

"Transformation? I can try." Brandon said.

Brandon did hand signs and transformed into a small bright green frog. Jiraya did the same.

The sky was growing darker as they neared the Hidden Rain Village. Brandon knew that soon, very soon, he would see his friend again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boat gently knocked against the shore. Brandon and Jiraya hopped out of the boat and transformed back into their regular forms.

"Now, can you sense your friend?" Jiraya asked.

Brandon closed his eyes. He could feel the presence of someone close by.

"No, but I feel someone else close by, a powerful chakra from them." Brandon said. "That person is up on the higher platform."

Jiraya nodded. "I know. Lets go. We should confront it."