Chapter Thirty Two

"Hey baby- woah, wait, are you crying?"

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I whisper.

Carson's words still echoed in my mind, breaking me apart.

When he kicked me out of his truck I ran upstairs and decided sulking in my room would be the best option for the rest of the night.

Instead, I was welcomed with Harry. His body was lying in my bed, his feet crossed at the ankles and his hands behind his head. He looked flawless. But the second he saw me, worry washed over his exceptional features and I hated myself for a split second for making him sad with my tears.

"No, don't do that. Tell me what the hell happened." He says sternly but still tender.

He grabs my body and walks me over to the bed and sits me down next to him. Gently, his hand rubs my back up and down, his fingertips grazing my covered skin soothingly.

"Not right now, okay? We'll talk about it another time." I force a smile, wiping the hot tears away from my face.

"Okay. If that's what you want." He sighs and pecks small kisses across my cheek.

Harry's POV

I put her duffle bag in the backseat of her car and shut the door lightly.

Her cheeks were still stained with tears, under her eyes were dotted with black, dripping mascara.

She looked so hurt when I first saw her.

Whoever hurt her would pay for this. She's fucking broken and that breaks my goddamn heart. This girl loves me and I love her and I will do all in my power to protect her from whatever cursed her with a sleepless night.

When I came to see her last night she had just gotten home from going out with Tarrah and the others. They went bowling or some shit. I don't know, I honestly could barely understand Addy through her choking sobs.

I held her in my arms all night and just ran my fingers through her hair. Her knees were tucked up to her chest, her back pressed to my chest and I could feel her every fight for breath.

She didn't want to talk about what was wrong. So I have zero clue whether it's about something that has happened in the past or something that happened last night.

But whichever it is, I am going to make it right for her. She doesn't deserve this. In fact, no one does. But especially not my Addy.

"I'll call you when I get there." She whispers, a small tear pooling in the corner of her eye.

"Okay. Please be safe?" I try and smile, pulling her into my arms and wrapping hers around my neck.

Gently, I tickled her back as she started to cry again.

Something was triggered in this innocent girls soul.

"I don't want to go home." She cries.

"Why? What is really wrong, Adds? You need to tell me."

"My brother hates me and I hate him. I'm already having a shitty weekend and he's going to make it worse, Harry. He's going to make it all worse."