Chapter Twenty-four

The sudden jostle of my bed woke me up. I found good old Christina jumping up and down on my full sized bed screaming: "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" This was, until I shoved her off the bed.

"Ow girl! What did I ever do to you?" She complained while rubbing her head.

I snuggled comfortably back into my bed and replied "you tried to wake me up...in the morning."

"Tris, it is freaking 12 in the afternoon. Your parents have made a big, nice breakfast and wanna go to some adventure place you guys built on your huge property," she ranted.

At the sound of the "adventure place," my body was immediately awake and I began to get dressed. Chris looked at me like I was crazy while I jumped down the stairs and began the task of eating my late breakfast. Realizing that everyone else was practically done, I scrambled more to finish. Finally, my parents came down in workout gear.

"Tris and Caleb, I think you two know where we're going. The trek course!" My mother exclaimed excitedly. At that moment, Caleb and I looked at each other, giving "the look." However, the rest of the gang looked as confused as ever.

"Now, y'all must wear running shoes and messy clothes. Your mom and I were just down there to set it up and make sure it was all good. The trek is about a 20 minutes walk from here through the woods so prepare yourselves. And no asking questions, it's a surprise for you kids," my dad continued. With that note, we were all ushered out of the kitchen to get ready for the day ahead of us. I changed clothes and brushed my teeth once I got back into my room but was disrupted by the girls barging into my room. I was immediately questioned like I was in an interrogation but didn't answer any until they had calmed down.

"Please! One at a time. I can't hear what you're saying!" I yelled.

"Where are we going? What should I wear? Any makeup?" Chris started.

"Not saying, messy clothes, and no."

"Oh come on Tris, lighten up. You gotta tell us something," Lynn said.

"Sorry, not sorry. You guys will see. I will say, though, that there will be mud and we will be competing," I explained.

"Sounds like my kind of fun time," Shauna started.

"Oh it will be," I smirked.

--------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that it has taken me forever to update but I haven't had much creativity and even though this is a terribly short chapter, I am working on it.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me since the beginning and those of you who continue to support this story even though it is short and horrible.

I cannot thank you guys enough! 💟