Chapter Ten

Tris's Point of View

Candor or dauntless.

     This is going to be so much fun speaking that only half of these people are friends with me. The two groups that are here -Four's group and Chris's group- are almost like rivals but not exactly. I speak:

"So, since it's my house, I will start. Will, candor or dauntless?" I ask.

"Dauntless." He replies.

     I think of the perfect dauntless. Since Will and Christina have been good friends for a while (even through the friend group differences) and Chris has told me that her crush is Will, I think of something. Also, through the grapevine, I heard that Will likes her to. Perfect.

"Will. I dare you to ask Christina out." I smirk.

     He starts to blush. Chris, on the other hand, straitens herself confidently, waiting for the question. Will walks over to her and bends down to hold out a hand. Chris gracefully takes it and smiles.

"Christina. Will you go out for me?" He asks nervously. She blushes and then nods her head. He then kisses her softly on the lips -a gentle touch. Now it's Will's turn.

"Uriah, candor or dauntless?" He asks.

"Dauntless! I ain't no pansycake!" He exclaims.

"I dare you to..." Will thinks. "I dare you to kiss the girl that you would date on the cheek.

     Uriah gets up and looks around. He then plants his eyes on Marlene and gives her a peck. She blushes and he sits down. After another hour, the dares and truths slow down. Four is one of the last to go. It is Zeke who gives him the question.

"Four, candor or dauntless?" He asks, eyeing him to see which he chooses.

"Dauntless." He beams.

Zeke smirks with a knowledge that Four doesn't. "I dare you to play seven minutes of heaven with..." He cuts off and then continues cautiously. "Tris. And if she doesn't agree, then you have to jump in the jacuzzi and then have a bucket of ice dropped on your head."

     Four looks at me and then back at Zeke. He then gives a glare and stands up. I stand up as well and lead him into one of the spare bedrooms. When we both get into the room, I shut the door behind us and he stands there awkwardly.

"I like your house." He states while scratching the back of his head. "It's very nice. And we don't have to do anything. We can just wait for it to be over."

I look at him. "I have a question." He looks at me. "Why don't you like me. I mean, I don't like you because I think you're a mean bully who taunts people just to hide the inside self of fear. And also because you think you're so cool and know everything. But why me?" I ask. I mean sure it was a little harsh but honest.

He stares at me. "Wow Tris, tell me how you really feel." He snorts. "I don't like you because you're a rich snob who thinks she's better than everyone else and needs to know her place in the high school society because you sass me but it took me a whole lot of time to get up there, to the top." He states while gradually pushing me against the wall because he is pointing at me while slowly moving forward. We are so close I can almost touch him.

"You're broken." I state.

He laughs. A short laugh, but a deep and meaningful one. "Well then I guess that makes the two of us."

     And in that exact moment, a kiss seemed perfect for the scenario: so it happened. He pulled me against the wall softly as he dove in, placing a soft, slow kiss against my lips. For such a tall boy and with that amount of strength, I thought for sure there was no way for him to be soft and gentle but he was more gentle than my father when I got a cut, or my mother when I was crying. His body fit perfectly against mine in a deep way that makes you think if that person is your soul mate. Until a knock cut the silence like a knife and Four stepped back. He looked astonished and flustered, in a way I thought I would never seen him. He looked taken aback. I then realize what we just did. We were supposed to hate each other -he was at the top of he social ladder while I was a newbie, starting from the bottom. And I saw him at his most vulnerable place so when I looked at him just now, his face had already hardened and set to stone.

"No one speaks of this, understand?" He asks me. I slowly nod. Then he walks out the door, as do I. By the time we get back down to the living room, almost everyone is falling asleep.

"Okay guys, I think we should call it quits and go to sleep." I say. "Everyone can go into their own room because I think we have enough bedrooms, except Will and Chris. Do you guys mind if you share a room? It would be the masters." I ask. They nod their heads as I call some maids. I assign them to a room and have the maids help them find their way around the house. By the time that's done, I plop down onto my bed and change into pajamas. It was a long night, but now it's time to rest.