Chapter Fifteen

Throughout the day, I keep thinking about Four's swirly eyes when he was kissing Lauren. I even think it went farther after I left. Everytime that I tried to block out the image, it came back. When I got home, I realized my mom and dad's cars were there. I then run inside to greet them. Both of my parents hug me and tell me about their trip to Europe. After, they said one day they would take both me and my brother. I was walking up the stairs to put down my backpack when my mom told me that we were having guests over for dinner so I should get ready and clean the house. I nod my head and walk up the stairs.

I decide to wear a rose petal printed crop top with a sweet heart neckline and a light rose colored high low crop skirt. My mom said to dress nice, so that's what I'm gonna do. I put on light makeup and tidy up my room. Then, I help my mom with cooking (since the maids did the cleaning and my mom told them to take the night off). We decide to make stuffed shells. I love the way my mom makes them: the big pasta shells stuffed with all different types of cheeses and a delicious rosemary garlic marinara sauce.

Right when we set the big dinning table, the doorbells rings. We all go over to stand and greet whoever is coming over. My mom walks over and opens the door. When the men come in I am flabergasted. One must be the father, and the other is the son. Shock is written all over my face but my mother's snapping and staring snaps me out of my reviere. Who might it be?

No other than the mayor and his son.