Chapter Eighteen

This is for my friend Tessa.(skywalker2018) 2 days ago was her birthday. And thanks again for everyone who has voted for this story. It means a lot to me :)
_____________________________________________

My first period was awkward because Four looked so depressed. He looked at his feet and me- that's it. I will give him credit though, because throughout the day, he didn't bother me once. During lunch, Lauren was nowhere to be found. When I looked over at Four's table, he was looking at his phone. Then, all of a sudden, he slammed it on the table, grabbed his stuff, and left. All of his friends glanced at each other while Zeke went to follow him. I return back to my table and solemnly eat. After school is no better. While driving back home, the silence kills me so I turn on the radio. The ending of Ellie Goulding ques the beginning of Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons. I pour out my soul through my singing voice. I belt out the whole song and then arrive at my house, just as Only If For a Night by Florence + The Machine comes on. When I walk in, I don't even say hi to my parents. I run up to my room, slam the door, blast the radio, and walk onto my balcony. I keep the sliding glass door open while the music pours unto the outside. I lean onto the railing and let the music seep into my skin. It gets to me and I start to find gravity pulling me to the ground. Tears start to form and I squeeze my eyes tight. I fall to the floor weeping and my body starts to shake. Soon after, I find someone lifting me up and pulling me against their body.

"Shhh. It's okay. Just cry it out." My dad comforts me. I never cry, so he must know something bad is happening. He doesn't ask, but it is a common known in the air. He holds my back and pets my hair while I tightly hug him.

"It's time for dinner, but come out when you're ready. Thanksgiving break is coming up soon, so we will be going out to the lake house." My dad says as I wipe the tears from my eyes. I smile slightly as he walks out the door and closes it softly. I walk to my bathroom, clear up my makeup and walk down the stairs to where dinner is waiting for me.