Chapter 23

Being told of being someone who he can't even remember was a challenge for Taekwoon.

Jung Leo.

That's the name in which Hakyeon told him of who he really is but despite being told everything about his past, Taekwoon still had difficulty trying to recall anything. He started to have doubts whether he really was Leo or not. Maybe he isn't and that he's someone else? Just a look-alike. But then, who is he?

All Taekwoon knew is that he was unable to refuse Hakyeon when the boy pleaded him to return to Brampton to see his own biological father.

Taekwoon was standing there and staring up at the tall walls that had blockaded the entire city and looked again at an even bigger gate that swarmed above his head. His jaws couldn't help but drop. This was his hometown, where he was born apparently...

'Let's go,' Hakyeon said to Taekwoon.

As Taekwoon followed Hakyeon into the large city, he noticed the structures to be much taller and the streets were narrow. The architecture was so different from Pinewoods that it started to make Taekwoon nervous.

He also noticed that people were not as friendly to strangers as they did back in Pinewoods. People didn't really talk to one another nor did they greet the visitors that walked through the gates from the outside. Everyone minded their own business and people could care less of what Taekwoon's business was returning home. Of course, people didn't recognize them.

Hakyeon wanted to be cautious of Taekwoon's return in secret. Though the investigations were nearly there and they had all evidences that were needed in order to clear Leo's name, the news have yet to be made public. So, if the city knew that Leo was still alive, there would definitely be uproar. At this moment, any sort of chaos had to be prevented. The main focus was to make sure that Hakyeon would bring Taekwoon to his home and visit the minister for the first and final time.

'Open up, it's me. Cha Hakyeon.' He said to the guard standing by the gates.

Where is this? Taekwoon was practically silent the whole way through while walking in the large city. This was supposed to be his hometown yet he still felt like an outsider.

'Hakyeon-ah, where are we?' Taekwoon pulled on Hakyeon's sleeves like a lost-child.

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon.

'You, really don't remember... This is your house. Ken and Ravi is waiting inside for us.'

'Ken... you said he's my cousin right?'

Hakyeon nodded.

'He's also your friend and comrade. Leo was always the timid type of person who didn't open his heart to strangers aside from Ken and Amelia. So, he's the probably the closest friend you have. Ravi was someone who you trusted a lot during your time in the war. At least, that's what Ken told me. Anyways, let's not keep them waiting.'

'Okay...' Taekwoon could only follow obediently behind.

Hakyeon knocked on the living room doors.

'Come in,' Ken said. 'Who is i-'

Ken nearly got too shocked and almost tripped from his spot. He knew that Leo was alive from what Hakyeon told him but to actually see his cousin in person... he couldn't hold back his tears.

'Leo-ah!!' Ken cried out. He rushed to Taekwoon limping with his one leg and gave the man a hug. He was so shocked, so sad, so relieved to see his cousin alive again. Ken have always felt guilty that if only he was a bit faster to save Leo during the war, than the other would not have 'died.' But Leo was back, even if the name has changed.