Chapter 3

I just stared at the clock. It was only 8 am, and I was awake already. Usually on a saturday, I wouldn't be awake till 10 am. I didn't know what to do so I got changes into my joggers and put a tank top. Once I did that, I walked up to my CD player and put Ignition Remix by R Kelly on. I danced almost every day. I wanted to make a career out of it, but I knew that it wouldn't happen. Dancing is my escape from life, no one, but Pete and Andrea, knew that I danced. I took private lessons without any one knowing, and I had been taking these lessons for 3 years. I was dancing for about 3 hours when I heard a knock on the door. I ran down the stairs, nearly falling head first because of the toys, and opened the doors.

"Hi honey!" It was my dad. I hadn't seen him since I was 12. Why on earth did he feel like he can show up whenever? "You looked beautiful, it's been a while!" He said, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I see my own daughters any more?"

"Why now? We have no money..."

"I'm not here for your money, I just want to see you!" He smiled, though it was a weak smile.

"You left us... You ran of with that chick that you were cheating on mom with... You disgust me!" I stared into his eyes, making it clear that I didn't want to see him. I was also worried that the girls would come hone and see him.

"Please, give me another chance..." He begged. "Is your mother home? Can I talk to her?"

"She took the girls out for the day. They left early this morning..." I spat.

"Well l, can you tell her I want to see her?" He asked.

"Okay..." I didn't ike the idea, but oh well. He turned around and walked back to his car.

I slammed the door. I hated him. Me and him used to be really close, but when he started to treat my mom like shit, I didn't want to know him any more. And then he chose this girl, who turned out to be a stripper, over us.

I walked back into my room and grabbed my phone. There was a text from Andrea.

A: Hey, we're going to the beach, wanna come?

R: Sure

A: I'll be over in 5 minutes.

I put my phone down and went straight to my wardrobe, grabbing my bikini and putting in on. I then grabbed a pair of white shorts and also put them on. After I had got everything sorted, I heard a car horn. I ran down the stairs and made my way outside.

"Look at you! What made you wear a bikini, i mean, you usually wear a swim suit..." Andrea stated.

"Well, I'm not going to lose that bet!" I laughed as I got into the car. Andrea started the car, with the music blaring, and we made our way to the beach.

"Who's idea was it to go to the beach?" I asked as we pulled up to the beach.

"Pete, he wants to introduce us to his new girlfriend..." Andrea looked at me. She could tell by the look in my eye how I felt. "It'll be fine" she reassured me. "Let's just hope it isn't someone like laura..." She laughed. I laughed with her as we got out of the car.

"Riley! Andrea!" Pete called. He gestured his hand for us to come over to him. Sat next to him was a girl with brunette hair, she looked so familiar.

"Riley, Andrea, this is Laura!" He smiled "Laura, this is Riley and Andrea!" I couldn't believe it.

I leaned toward Andrea, "let's hope she's not like Laura, she is Laura!" I whispered.

"Well I didn't know!" She whispered back.

"Well Riley! Isn't good to see you again!" Laura said enthusiastically.

"Isn't it just..." I sourly said

"You two know each other?" Pete asked, surprised. He really need to open his eyes more. The bad boy of the school is meant to know everyone, yet he didn't know the queen bee.

"Yeah, we do!" Laura was clearly putting an act on.

"Well you two should get on really well then!" Pete told us.

"I'd rather c-" Andrea cut me off by putting her hand over my mouth. I was going to say that I'd rather cut myself then get along with that.

"They will!" Andrea screamed happily. I hope she was joking.

"Yay..." I said, not being enthusiastic. I walked away, not wanting to be with and sat near the water. I wasn't alone though.

"You better stay away from him!" Laura stated

"What makes you think that I'm going to stay away? You can't tell me what to do!" I told her.

"He's mine, stay away, or I'l kill you!" She spat.

"Cause you have the guts to do that. I'm pretty sure that if you killed me, yours and Pete's relationship would be over!" I told her, with the same amount of venom.

"No it wouldn't, I'm pretty sure that he'll be happy..." A little smirk was playing on her lips. I just wanted to punch her.

"Let's put it this way, break his heart, and I'll break your face!" I warned. She finally left, probably went and told Pete that I threatened her. But I didn't care.

I was sat on my own for quite a while. I started thinking about what had happened this morning, with my dad. I did miss him. I missed all of the good memories that we shared, like me helping him fix his car and going to see a monster truck show. They were the good times. I wonder why came back, why he didn't see me all those years, why now?

"You okay?" I looked up to see Brad. He was in a few of my classes, and he was also a friend of Pete's. He had never spoken to me before.

"Um.. Yeah." I smiled friendly at him.

"Mind if I sit with ya?" He smiled back.

"Sure"

We spoke for a few hours then. He was a really nice lad. Like me, he to had a dad that abandoned him and his family. It was really nice to have someone new to talk to. We had been talking for a long time, that I lost track of it.

"I better be going..." I told him as I stood up.

"Same..." He said, standing up as well. "I was wondering... did you wanna go out sometime?"

I looked at him amazed. "Sure, I'd love to!" I smiled. Brad leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. I kissed him back, a miracle must be happening, because Pete owes me a thousand bucks.