Chapter 4

I walked back to the car, with a huge smile on my face. I had just had my first kiss! Brad is such a good kisser as well! We decided to go out next weekend, but he said that it was a surprise. As I got to the car, I saw Andrea looking very frustrated and so was Pete.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Just the person we need!" Pete screamed.

"The car won't start..." Andrea explained.

"Won't it? It was fine earlier..." I made my way to the front of the car and lifted up the hood. I messed around with the engine for a few minutes then closed the hood. "Try it now" I told them.

It still didn't work, so there was only one way to it. "Pete, Laura, help me push it." I told them.

"I'm not doing that, Pete can you just take me home?" She doesn't want much.

"Fine I'll push it myself..." I told them, but Pete came over with me to help. We pushed the car, telling Andrea to start it as we pushed, and soon enough it started.

"Thanks Riley!" Andrea shouted. I jumped into the car with her, i did need a lift home. We waved goodbye to Pete, well I did, Andrea waved at Laura as well. I told Andrea about everything that happened, and she was happy for me.

"Thanks Andrea!" I said as I got out of the car.

"No problem!" She shouted back as she drive of.

I turned making my way to the house, noticing two cars in the drive way. One of them was my mom's, but I had no clue who the other one belonged to.

"Mom?" I asked as I walked through the door. I heard a bunch of laughter coming from the lounge, so I followed the sound. I walked in and saw my mom, sisters' and a man. The man was about 6 ft tall with brown hair and blue eyes. I just stared at him confused.

"Oh hi honey! This is boyfriend, his name is Lance. Lance this is my eldest, Riley." My mom told me. Lance walked over and shock my hand.

"It's nice to finally meet you Riley, I've heard so much about you!" He said.

"It's a shame that I haven't heard much about you..." I smiled at my mom, letting go of his hand.

"Lance is moving in with us tomorrow!" My mom said excitedly.

"Okay... Oh yeah, that reminds me..." It didn't really remind me, but I liked feeling the awkwardness between my mom and someone else, it was just so funny. "Dad turned up on our doorstep today, why? I have no idea, but he really wanted to talk to you." I smiled. It then went silent, and you could feel the awkwardness between mom and Lance.

I walked to my room, grabbed some stuff then went to take a shower. I then put some Tv on since I didn't have anything better to do.

My mom walked into my room half way through the film. "Honey, the Wentz's are coming over for tea, so help tidy up?" She then walked out before I could answer. I unwillingly got up and helped tidy up.

"Hello!" My Mom practically screamed. I looked up and saw that the neighbours were now here. Mom introduced Lance to everyone and then they all started talking about Mom's new relationship. I was getting bored, Pete was messing around with the girls again, so I left him to it and I went to my room. Pete hadn't spoken to me since he got here. Did I do something? Say something? Oh well, I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about him. I had a boyfriend who loved me and understood me. There was a knock at my door.

"Come In!" I shouted.

"Hey..." Pete said.

"You could just walk in you know?" I smiled.

"Well, I did not want to disturb you..."

"Oh..." It went silent.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"huh?"

"You and Brad, how long has that been going on?"

"We only started dating today..."

"Of course..."

"What di you mean? I'm telling you the truth!" I was getting frustrated, why didn't he believe me, I always told him the truth. "Is this about the bet?"

"No, I just wish that you had told me about you to getting together first..." He shrugged. I thought he was joking about the whole 'any guy that dates you, has to have permission' shit.

"Well, you should be focusing on your girlfriend..."

"I know..." Pete made his way over to my bed and sat next to me.

"So... Do you like Laura?" He suddenly asked.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked trying to change the subject a bit.

"You looked pretty pissed when you found out who she was, the look was actually funny!" He laughed, nudging my arm.

"Well, she's queen bee and I'm the loser that she... unsuccessfully tries to bully." I smiled.

He laughed then. "Well, you are clearly not letting her get to you!" He shook his head. "Any way, if Brad breaks your heart let me know, and I'll be there to save the day!"

"Okay... You owe a thousand bucks by the way!l" I reminded him, poking his shoulder.

"Yes I do!" he poked me back.

"Oh yeah, don't be mad, but I told Laura that if she broke your heart, I was going to break her face..."

"Really? You would do that for me?"

"Your like my brother, so of course I would!"

"Haha..."

"Oh well, the way she's acting, we might end up falling out..." Great Riley, your just going to put your foot in it.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me to stop being friends with you, or she'll kill me..."

"She honestly said that?" He was shocked.

"Yeah... But it doesn't matter, she tells me to kill myself every day and I'm still here." I gave him a reassuring smile. We then started some small talk. But dinner was ready, Pizza, my favourite!