Chapter 18

The wedding was in 2 months time, and it was needless to say that I'm starting to get really scared. I saw Pete now and then, but that was only because of Murron. When I do see him, he acts all happy, though he never stops asking me why I'm marrying Tyler. Right now, Murron wanted the 3 of us - me, Pete and her - to spend some quality time together, and I couldn't refuse not to, we needed time together as a family. Plus, this was a birthday get a way for Murron. So Pete had booked a cabin by a lake somewhere and we were going to stay there for a night and a night only.

"Can't it be more than a night?" Murron begged.

"Well, we would but, Tyler has a surprise for your birthday as well." I explained, helping her get into the car.

She then said the words that I never wanted her to ask. "So, do I start calling Tyler daddy as well?"

"No, of course not, you only have one dad that is Pete. Plus, I think it'll upset him, okay? So don't call Tyler daddy." I slammed her door and sat in the front.

"Everyone ready?" Pete asked as he got into the car.

"Yes!" Murron screamed with excitement.

"Yeah..." I slowly moaned. This was going to be a long weekend.

What was meant to an hour drive turned out to be two hours. This was because of the huge traffic jam on the highway and then, not to mention, Pete got us lost. Throughout the journey, Murron wanted us to play eye spy, a classic game to play when your stuck in traffic. But Murron always won, she was so good at the game. When it was my turn, I tried avoiding the "d" for obvious reason, but when everything else has been seen, I had to say d for dirt, but because Pete didn't know that, his face lit up straight away as he tried avoiding saying dick.

"Thank God we're here!" I screamed when we finally found the cabin. I hated long drives.

"Do I get to have the biggest room?" Murron asked. She was so happy that we were doing this together, especially since it was for her birthday.

"Of course honey!" Pete smiled and they ran into the cabin to find the biggest room.

"Are you just going to leave me to get everything inside on my own?!" I shouted after them. This was not on my to do list.

I struggle for a while bringing the bags into the cabin. Pete just stood there and laughed, not even thinking about helping me. The cabin was nice, everything was near enough wood. It was also very cosy, but it was too big for three people. As I placed the bags in different rooms, Murron and Pete went to the lake, leaving me alone. I got out my cell and saw that I had 40 missed calls from Tyler.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Tyler, what's wrong?" I asked, confused one why he rang me so many times.

"I was just making sure that everything was fine..." He explained.

"Well, every things great, there was like, no reason for you to call so many times... You don't trust me do you?" I soon clicked on.

"Of course I do... It's him I don't trust." He explained, but why didn't he trust Pete? Pete was only here for Murron.

"Okay, whatever, I'm going to go, bye." I hung up my phone and made my way outside. Pete and Murron was splashing around in the lake, so I just stood from afar and watched.

"Riley, get your ass into the lake now!" Pete called over.

"I'm good thanks!" I called back, but the offer was tempting.

"That's it!" Pete got out of the lake and ran to were I was. He then picked me up so that I was in his arms bridal style and ran back to the water, making soaking wet.