Chapter 6

"Darling, you look so beautiful!" My mom screamed when she saw me in my dress.

"Thanks mom." I smiled. I was so nervous, tonight was homecoming.

I was waiting for Brad to pick me up. I also started wondering if Pete's band, Fall Out Boy, were going to perform tonight. I hadn't spoken to Pete in a while, ever since I had that argument with Laura, he just blanked me. Even when is family came over, he would either stay at home or stay downstairs, where he can't see me.

There was a knock on the door, I went to answer it.

"Brad!" I smiled, he was the only person keeping me sane.

"You... you look so... beautiful" He stuttered.

"Thanks." I said as we made our way to his car. As we walked out, we saw Pete and Laura. Brad went over to say hi, though he ended up talking to Laura for a while. As they were talking, I just stood by the car, looking at the ground, then Pete came over.

"Hey..." He said, he sounded upset.

"Hey." I didn't look at him, I just carried on looking at the ground.

"You look amazing by the way." He complimented.

"You look very dapper yourself." I couldn't help but look at him and smile.

"Thanks..." We stood in awkward silence for a while. But then Brad came over saying that we had to go, so Pete walked over to his car, where Laura was waiting.

Prom was amazing! I had so much fun! Fall Out Boy did perform, making the night even more perfect. They sang a song called dance dance, and it definitely made people dance. I didn't dance though, I just sat back admiring the talented dancers that the school had, they were all amazing, I would never be as good as them.

"You seemed like you had fun." Lance said as I told him and my mom about the night.

"It was so much fun! Can't wait til next years!" I screeched. There was a knock in the door, so Lance went to answer it. I was about to make my way upstairs, when Lance said that the door was for me. I thought it was going to be Brad. Did I leave something in his car? But when I got to the door,it wasn't him, it was Pete.

"What's up?" I asked as I got to the door.

"Can I come in?" Pete asked, sounding as if he was going to cry.

"Of course..." I told him, moving to the side so that he could walk in. We made our way to my room, so that no one could hear what was wrong.

"She cheated..." Pete started to cry. I hate seeing him like this.

"With who?" I asked, dragging him over to bed and hugging him.

"I don't want to say..." Pete told me.

"Are you sure? I mean, you've brought it up now, so you might as well tell me. It's not as if it were Brad..." I assured him. He didn't answer back, which got me thinking. At one point during the dance, Brad had to leave for something, though he didn't actually tell me where he was going or what he was doing. He was gone for some time...

I pulled away from the hug. "It was Brad wasn't it?"

Pete nodded. "I didn't want to tell you, I didn't want to hurt you..."

I just stared at him. I could feel tears coming down my face. The one boy that I actually thought had feelings for me, was just using me.

"I guess I knew something like this would happen... I mean who would want to date me? I'm hard to handle, and aggressive..." The tears was coming down faster now. "Laura was right, what is the point of me living? I mean, I've been cutting my legs and taking pills constantly, the not lot might as well end me..."