Chapter Twenty Three

Kimberley's POV:

"KIMBA! Kimba?!"

I wake up suddenly, hearing Cheryl shouting and moaning my name. Sitting up, i push her shoulder back to reveal her frowning face. Her arms and legs still thrashing around in the covers.

"Chez?! It's me babe, wake up! Chez!"

She cries out again as if in pain, probably from banging her bruised hand on the side of the bed.

"Sh, babe it's me."

Her eyes shoot open, her fingers grasping at my top as tears run down her cheeks.

"It's ok, it's just a dream babe."

I pull her into my arms, tracing small circles on her back, calming her down slightly as her eyes close again.

"Aren't you two cosy?!"

I jump, trying not to wake Cheryl but having the urge to scream in shock.

"Sarah?! What?!"

,

I notice all three girls sat in the room, quietly flicking through their magazines.

"She ok?"

Nadine asks, walking round to Cheryl's side and brushing her hair away from her face.

"Yeah, fine. God how long have you been here?!"

"About ten minutes before Cheryl woke you up."

My heart beat slowly returns to it's normal pace as i get up, leaving Cheryl to sleep peacefully.

"Oh Kimba?"

"Yeah?"

"Tre got in touch, he's going to America tomorrow and he wants to know if it would be ok to stop by later?"

"I can't exactly say no, can i?"

However much i want to say no, i can't. He's put up with her the last few months.

"Yeah, give him a call. For around dinner time?"

"Okie dokie! We've got to head off today, Mark's got some sort of gig tonight and i said i'd take the girls to support him."

"Give him our love, girls you know i don't expect you to come every day?"

"Well we just want to be here for you both."

"Yeah and Cheryl's grateful for that but honestly all you do is sit round, surely you've got other things to do. I'd ring you all ,as soon as anything happens."

"Are you sure Kimba?"

"Positive, just give Tre the time he can visit."

"Ok, will do. Well we'll see you soon then?"

I give all the girls hug and they whisper a 'goodbye' to Cheryl before leaving us alone, finally.

"Kimberley?"

Cheryl murmurs just as the door closes, i crawl back into bed beside her, letting her know i'm still here.

"Yeah babe."

"Who was that?"

"The girls came but i've sent them home. Listen Cheryl, Tre's going back to America tomorrow and he's gonna come see you at dinnertime. Is that ok?"

She doesn't reply for quite some time, i take her hand in mine under the covers to bring her out of her thoughts.

"I'll stay with you, if you like? He just wants to say bye babe."