Part 20 - Final

20/06/2023

Grayson's POV

Jack really lightened up our world. Lissa and I have become better people. I loved how we were family, how we went on vacations together. Whenever Jack called me daddy I couldn't feel anything but happiness. Lissa became way more cheerful. She was really happy. I felt like I was the luckiest man ever. I loved waking up everyday, seeing my beautiful wife next to me and big smile on my son's face. I loved Jack obviously but there was more. He was always so hype, he was smiling each and every second. We couldn't help it! Being around him made all of us always so happy and positive. We moved to a house, since we were family, we decided that we needed bigger place.

20 June, Jack's birthday. We invited his school friends, our families and friends. We all were having a great time. I bought him a train with its railway - simple gift, I could buy something very expensive but I wanted him to know that love doesn't have to be expressed by gifts and toys. Ethan came and gave him big car. He was so exited for Jack's birthday.

"Happy birthday buddy! You're a man now!" Ethan said and gave him a big hug.

"Thanks E-tee..."

"Not here bud! Here are people. You don't wanna embarrass me do you?"

"No!" Said Jack and giggled.

"So... Where's your cake?"

"It's in the fridge E-tee..." Ethan coughed on purpose. "Sorry I forgot." Jack smiled.

"You really are getting old." They both laughed.

I was there just greeting some guests when Lissa called me.

"Gray... I gotta tell you something." She said and led me to the kitchen, where we could be alone.

"What's up babe?" I asked.

"I... I'm pregnant Grayson..." She said it like she was about to cry.

"It's gonna be okay babe. It's gonna be okay." I hugged her and started rubbing her hair.

"I don't want one more dead baby inside me..." Tears rolled down her face, I wiped her tears.

"Just focus on Jack's birthday. There's always a chance babe..." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Uhh... I hope so... I hope so..."

Jack's birthday was great but I couldn't think anything but Lissa's pregnancy.

* * *

Pregnancy was going pretty normal, but Lissa and I were anxious anyways. We didn't know if this one would survive. We didn't want to tell Jack anything but obviously in couple weeks he noticed that Lissa was changing.

"Mom... Why is your belly bigger?" He asked once during breakfast.

"Because... Umm... You are going to have a sister or brother." She couldn't think of anything so she had to tell him truth. But she feared that it would be a lie soon.

"Really?!" Jack yelled.

After that day Jack always talked about his future sibling. Sometimes he told me how he would protect him or her and how much love they would share. He was so pure and kind. I knew that I adopted the right child. I knew someday he was gonna be great... Months went on. We didn't want to know gender of the baby, so we could protect ourselves from feeling too close to him/her. It would be easier like this to go through it all again... But somehow it was working. During each visit to the hospital, doctor said that baby's condition was stable. Little bit of a hope poured in our hearts...

Lissa was almost 9 months old pregnant but we still feared that the baby could have been gone... Until one night she had amenorrhea. She started crying, I almost passed out. I uplifted her, walked up to my car and put her in it. Jack had woken up, I didn't know what to do so I took him with us. We drove all the way to the hospital calming Lissa. Surprisingly I was the one who was freaking out. Jack looked serious, he held Lissa's hand and repeated that everything was gonna be okay. Finally we got to the hospital. Giving birth took Lissa several hours. I was so nervous. "What if the fetus is dead... What if doctors make a mistake... What if..." I was torturing myself with such thoughts. At last doctor came out from the operating room. I ran up to him.

"Congratulations!" He said. "It's a boy and your wife is feeling well!"

I have never felt so relieved! I couldn't speak. I was shocked and happy at the same time. I sat on the chair in the hallway and started crying. I couldn't believe I was father of two sons. Jack and... Ethan... In couple more hours I was able to see him. My son. I won't ever forget that feeling when I first held him. How those salty tears were rolling down my face. After so long, I was holding my own son. It felt like when I first uplifted Jack as my son. I felt amazing.

In two weeks Lissa was discharged from the hospital. I felt like our family was completed. Lissa and I loved both, Jack and Ethan equally, but Jack was our first child...

15/08/2025

*TODAY*

Lissa's POV

Grayson and I are sitting under the tree, I am brought to him closer by his hand on my waist. Laughter of the children fills our ears and brings smile to our faces. This moment is the best of my life. Every single second, spent with my family is the best. We start walking around the place. There's a lake. Grayson and I are getting closer to it. I soak him and start laughing. We start soaking each other, kids join us...

When we get tired we go back and sit under the tree again.

"I love you." I say and place a kiss on Grayson's cheek.

"I love you more." He says and kisses my lips.

"Ew!" Kids yell and we all start laughing again.

Life was the best it could be. Sweet Dolan family. After all Grayson and I deserved this. After all we deserved a dream...

-

Get ready for new Ethan Dolan fanfic!