Dragon's Excerpts {10} : Hotel Maid

I push my cart to the side along the ugly patterned wall and glance down at my list to see what hotel room I needed to clean next.

Room 221 my list reads.

Room 221 it is!

I wait for a family consisting of a mother and her two children to walk past, sending them a small smile before I push my cart into the walkway and make my way to Room 221.

The scenery stays the same as I weave through the halls, avoiding people in my wake.

I wonder if I am the only hotel maid that low-key gets so bored while working that she starts thinking of running people over and screaming "bonus points!" when I ram someone into a wall.

What?

I am not violent, I am just... imaginative. 

Anyway...

I reach the hall that should be correct and stop to look around, checking to see if the coast is clear.

All clear, my brain chants, causing a mischievous grin to creep onto my face. I pop the cart up and jump onto its back pole, riding down the hall as if I was standing on a shopping cart.

"Woo hoo," I whisper, keeping my excitement quiet so that nobody would hear and report me, thus getting me fired.

The end of the hall nears so I hop off of the cart, skidding to a stop right in front of Room 221's door. I pull the cart to a stop and knock once, waiting for a response.

No response comes, so I knock once again, inching a little closer to the door in case someone was asleep inside and just didn't hear my first knock.

I wait a minute more, then knock on the door once more, this time pressing my ear against the door to ensure that nobody was inside of the room.

Again, I hear no movement or sound of a shower from inside so I shrug, wave my keycard in front of the door's handle, and walk into the room.

I pull my cart behind me and prop the door open with my back, sucking in my stomach to pull it all the way into the room.

I do so successfully and walk around the cart to push it through the room's main hall. The door closes softly with a click. 

Looking around, I stare at the massive room. Seems like I have to clean up a two-room king corner suite.

Sweet.

Haha, see what I did there?

Anyway, I look around and gasp at the amount of expensive things that probably cost more than my life.

Gamn rich people. How on earth could someone afford this?

I shake my head and continue on through the room to a side bedroom.