Dragon's Excerpts {27} : Scrapes & Bruises

I was dreaming about Finding Dory when an explosion sounded nearby. I saw Dory's silhouette pop up behind some coral. 

"No!" I screamed as I attempted to swim to her in time. 

"Nemo!" she called, her voice laced with terror. I was Nemo. 

Come on "lucky fin", don't fail me now!

It sure wasn't making me feel lucky. 

The explosion sounded again, louder than it had been before.

I tried my hardest to catch up to Dory, but within seconds, she was gone. She had managed to slip past me again. 

What do I tell dad? I thought to myself. He's gonna be so sad that I found Dory then lost her.

Another explosion sounded, which caused me to open my eyes. 

I looked around the room, confuzzled as ever. 

What the actual fudge? I thought. Why am I in a girl's room? How can I breathe when I'm out of water?! So many questions!

Realization dawned on me. 

Ohhh... 

It was just a dream. 

I sighed and sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes, grabbed my glasses off of my bed's headboard, and put them on.

A yawn escaped my mouth as I stretched. 

For a second, I was content. Then the sound of something hitting my window caused me to whip my head towards it and get whiplash. 

"Ouch!" I whisper-yelled.

I heard the sound again and started to get angry. 

Who disturbs my slumber? 

I hopped off of my bed and threw my window open

I hopped off of my bed and threw my window open. I looked down in time to see my boyfriend pick something up from the ground.

My lips involuntarily turned up into a smile; I guess I was glad that he was here. My smile wiped off as I realized he was the reason for me being awake at this forsaken time. 

I was about to yell at him for disturbing my sleep when his arms hitched back and something flew at me, full force.

His looked up and his eyes widened; he realized that I was standing there. My eyebrows furrowed in confuzzlement because I didn't know what was wrong.

Due to my terrible eyesight, I couldn't see what he had thrown, even though I was wearing my glasses. I opened my mouth to ask, but a gray object suddenly came into my vision and showed no signs of slowing down.

I gasped and took a step back, but I was too late. The gray object, a rock, struck me in the middle of my forehead, which caused me to stumble and collapse onto the floor. 

I whispered, "Fudge," before I descended into dreamland thinking about the scene from Sharkboy and Lavagirl where they were in the Land of Milk and Cookies.

Mmm... milk and cookies sounded so good. 

Ah fudge! I probably have a big purple fudging alien bump on my head. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if an alien baby popped out of it. 

That was my last thought before I fell into a deep sleep, but not before I heard a voice that sounded a whole lot like my boyfriend say, "Shit."