Chapter Four

Sage’s POV:

 “I have marked your test papers. I’m impressed on how well you are doing this term. Sage could you stay a little when the class finishes, I would like to have a word with you” Mrs Cult said while sitting at her desk which had loads of photo frames of her family and some pictures of ex-students at their proms. Everyone liked Mrs. Cult; she was one of the rare teachers that would do anything to help her students.  I looked down at my paper, and I had gotten an F. This was not good; this was only class where I had been failing. “What did you get? I got an A” Nathan said cockily. “An F. I suck at maths. Stop laughing at me, it’s not funny!!” I said as I punched Nathan in the arm. “Owe! Ok, ok. I’m Sorry that I laughed at you. I did offer to help, but your pride got in the way.” Nathan said while rubbing his arm.

~At the end of the lesson ~

“Mrs Cult, please don’t move me to another class. I will try harder, please.” I begged Mrs. Cults. She was tall, skinny with olive skin tone. She had dark brown eyes and black long hair that was tied back in to a bun. She was wearing a white shirt with a pair of black suit trousers and a pair of black heels. “Sage, I know that you want to stay with your friends but you’re struggling to keep up with the class. I have n-.” “I’d do anything to stay in your class; I would try to be tutored by another student if I have to. Please, PLEASE! Let me stay.” I interrupted her.

Mrs Cult smiled at me. “Ok Sage, let’s make a deal. I will pair you up with you one of my best students to tutor you and you can stay in class. Deal?” Mrs Cult said smiling. “I accept your deal.” I sighed with relief holding out my hand to shake hers. Mrs Cult chuckled and shook my hand. “You do make me laugh, Sage. Come to my classroom before school tomorrow.” Mrs. Cult told me. “Thank you! See you tomorrow.” I said as I ran out of the classroom to my next class.

“So..... What did she want to talk to about??” Nathan said while grabbing my shoulders. “Fucking hell, you scare me! I said out of breath.” I closed my locker door and walked down the busy corridor that was like jungle, some people acted like animals.  “She wanted to move me to another class, but I made a bargain with her. She is going to have another student tutor me before school” I said as I dogged the animals of the jungle which I called my fellow students. I pushed the door of the entrance that lead to the parking.

“Who’s your tutor?” Nathan said while looking through his bag for his car keys.  ‘Beep’ I opened the car door and got in. “I don’t know; I have to wait until tomorrow.” “You don’t have to wait until tomorrow, you could use magic?  Well I already looked for you and you are going to be happy with your tutor.” Nathan said smugly. “No Nathan, I will not use my vision and look in the future. I can’t and you know why. I will have to show my true self again. I don’t want my cover blown; if they found out where I am; everyone I love will be killed or would get hurt. Please try to understand Nathan.” I said as I felt a hot tear running down my face.  Nathan pulled over and braced me into a hug. “Sage, don’t cry. I’m such a crappy best friend. I have an idea, let’s text Abby and Ethan to meet us at the diner. We could go for a slice of pizza or something to celebrate our first day of being seniors.” Nathan said while rubbing circles into my back, calming me down. I pulled out of the hug, and started wiping my eyes. Thank god my mascara is water proof. “You’re a great friend and I like idea.” I told Nathan giving him a reassuring smile. Nathan pulled into the road and carried on driving.

ME to ABBY, ETHAN:  Wanna come to the diner to celebrate our 1st yr year as senior’s xxx

ABBY: Hell yeah, I will come meet you there. Xxx

ETHAN: Count me in J

~ In the diner ~

The diner had a 60 style theme, I loved it. It was my favourite place to eat with my friends. I loved the bright green neon lights on the edge of the counter that had green marble top with cream side with the diner logo on the front with plan black stools. The black and white pictures on the walls, the booths next the windows and the round tables. It was a popular place for kids to hang out after school before heading home. This was a place, where no one would be a judge or would feel unwelcomed. It didn’t matter what click or group you belonged in; this was one of the few places I could be myself, which was why I loves it so much. 

 “Good evening Sage; how’s school?” Marianne asked. She had brown hair with few strands of grey which had been tied back into a ponytail.  Her make-up was styled to go with the theme of the diner. She had brown eyes with black eye liner on the lids and her lashes which have been coat with tar from the mascara she applied before her shift and bright red lipstick on her thin lips. “Hello Marianne, it was okay. I need a tutor in maths but other from that all is good. Can I get a strawberry sundae please?” I asked as I got on one of the stools. “Sure, one strawberry sundae coming up. Did you see your crush today?” Marianne asked. “Oh my god, I haven’t told you what happen during lunch?” I said over enthusiastically to her.  I then told her about Aaron buying me a new tart.

~Sometime later~

 “See, I told you that he will notice one day. I will bring you sundae over.” Marianne said with a sweet smile.  I walked towards the end of the diner to the last booth. “What took you so long, we had already eaten your slice of pizza” Ethan said with a guilty look on his face. I sat down next to Abby “sorry, I was talking to Marianne. Anyways, I had ordered a sundae.” We talked about what everyone did in the summer when we didn’t meet up with each other. Ethan went to America to visit his dad for two weeks. Abby went to London to visit her family for half the summer. Nathaniel and I went to Paris for a couple of days and it wasn’t a couple’s holiday, it was two friends enjoying their selves.  “Here you go one strawberry sundae" Marianne said as she placed it on the table. 

"Awww, I can have some?" Abby asked; more like ordered. I passed her a spoon. “of course, you can pay for the next one" I chuckled as I scooped some ice-cream into my mouth. “Thanks" Abby grinned. 

thanks for reading xx