t w e n t y - f o u r

Sam's POV:

"Nate and Swazz are leaving the studio now. They'll be here in a few." Logan said, as I joined her out on the balcony, sitting on the chair next to her.

"Ben is on his way to pick Savannah up. He said he'd text me when he got her and when they got back to the house." I said, opening my laptop so I could find plane tickets to Omaha.

"I texted Trey. Him and some of his guys are at my place. They'll make sure she's safe." She nodded.

"Yo!" I heard Skate's voice from the kitchen of the apartment. I gave him an extra key.

Swazz and him found us within moments. Swazz immediately pulled Logan in his arms.

"Make that four tickets. It's all on me, man." Skate said from the side of me, pointing at the screen of my laptop. I nodded my head and booked a round trip.

Skate gave Logan a quick but, loving hug. My phone vibrated from the small table with a text.

Ben: I have Savannah. The guys
literally made me show them my
I.D. before they let me take her with me.

me: Thanks bro. Let me know when you
get back to the house. Just booked a flight, we leave tomorrow night.

I showed Logan the text from Ben, she chuckled as she read the part about how they made him show his I.D.

"That has Trey written all over it." She smiled.

My phone vibrated with a call from Ben. What could possibly have gone wrong this time?

"Hello?" I asked.

"Uncle Sammy?" Savannah asked. She sounded absolutely terrified. I know I'm not her uncle but the name has kinda grown on me.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I said softly, trying to keep her calm.

"Please, come soon." She begged. My heart busted.

"I'll be there tomorrow night. Okay?" I said. I could never imagine half of what this little girl is going through right now.

"Yes. Ben-ben said when I get to your house I can have ice cream and have a sleepover with him." She said which made me smile. In the midst of this mess she found something to be happy about. Also, I swear she gives the best nicknames.

"Okay, I hope you have a good night, baby. Anything else?" I asked.

"Can I talk to Aunt Lo?" She asked quietly.

"Of course. I love you, Ms. Savannah. I'll see you soon." I said before handing the phone to Logan.

Logan went inside, sliding the door shut behind her.

"Savannah's safe? Right?" Skate asked urgently.

"Yeah. She's perfectly fine. Ben is on his way back to my parents' place with her. They'll keep her until we get there." I nodded and he visibly eased.

"I thought Rocco stopped." Swazz said, lighting a cigarette as he leaned against the balcony railing.

"I thought so too. I'm gonna fuck him up for keeping that shit around Savannah." Skate groaned as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"What am I missing here?" I asked, very confused as to what they're talking about.

"Drugs. He used to be really bad with it. Like real bad. That's why Logan never left after she graduated college. She planned on coming out to LA with us. When Savannah came it like completely died but, guess we thought wrong." Skate explained.

I actually got kind of pissed that he was doing all of that, knowing damn well that he had a little girl at home. Especially because that little girl is Savannah.

Logan came back out and sat on my lap, seeing as Skate took the seat she was sitting and there was no other chairs out here.

"She's excited for her sleepover with Ben." She said.

"She told me about they were going to eat ice cream. She sounded pretty excited for it." I said, a little awkwardly.

"She asked me if Rocco was going to die." She said quietly before starting to cry again.

I pulled her into my chest, letting her cry. She needs to get it out. It's better to let it all out.

"Here, Log. Let's get you to bed. You need to sleep. Our flight is tomorrow night." I suggested and she nodded.

I gave her one of my hoodies and a pair of her shorts so she could sleep in them.

"I'm gonna crash here, just in case. Skate's gonna go to our place, get some stuff packed for Omaha and meet us here tomorrow before the flight." Swazz said, coming in after finishing his cigarette.

"Sounds good, bro." I said and got him a blanket and couple pillows so that he could sleep comfortably on the couch. I also let him borrow a pair of my sweats and a t-shirt.

Skate walked back in a few moments later and sighed.

"We'll figure everything out, Log." Skate said, hugging her and kissing her temple before she climbed in bed.

"See you tomorrow, Nate." She said, giving him a half smile.

"Night, guys." Swazz said, shutting the bedroom door and going to the couch.

"I love you, Sammy." Logan whispered as I turned the lights out.

"I love you, Logan. I promise everything will et figured out soon." I said, kissing her forehead.

I laid down and seemingly passed out the second my head hit the pillow.

•••
omaha trip pt. 2 coming next chapter

new cover!!

the picture attached is my fave bc love my babies

thank you guys for all the feedback. comments and votes are always always always welcome

love you guys so much!

also: any netflix series/movie suggestions? i'm about to have a lot more time on my hands lol

-s.k.