t w e n t y - s i x

Sam's POV:

"So I'm going to your new house?" Savannah asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, for a little while. Aunt Lo and I are going to take care of you while your daddy gets better. We will be with Uncle Nate and Uncle J all the time, too. Doesn't that sound like fun?" I asked, trying to brighten her up.

Logan was currently taking a much needed nap in my room. Skate and Swazz had gone to give their families a quick visit. So, I was hanging out with Savannah, who was eating a snack and playing with her dolls. I had volunteered to break the news to her. Logan had been through enough.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I asked, picking her up and placing her on my lap.

"I miss my daddy." She said and pouted a little.

"I know, baby. I know. But, before you know it, you'll be back home with him. I pinky promise." I smiled at her and she nodded.

She slid off of my lap and continued playing with her dolls at the coffee table, I sat and watched.

Skate and Swazz walked back in the house.

"Hey, Van, what's up?" Swazz asked, ruffling her hair.

"Playing." Savannah giggled and smiled brightly up at him.

"I'm gonna go check on Logan." I said, standing up, Skate nodded and sat on the floor next to Savannah.

I walked into my room, Logan was sat up in my bed, facing away from the door, looking out the window.

I lightly knocked on the open door, she didn't turn around, she just sniffed.

"What are we gonna do, Sammy?" She asked calmly but, her breath was still shaky.

I crawled onto the bed, sitting behind her, one leg on either side of her as I wrapped arms around her. She leaned back into my shoulder.

"It will be okay." I assured her.

"How the hell are we gonna take care of her for a week? She's not going to wanna come back. How are we even going to get her back?" She sighed, another silent tear falling down her cheek.

"I talked to my dad. My sister, Annie, she lives in LA. She planned on coming home next weekend. She booked two tickets. One for Savannah. Savannah will be perfectly safe with her." I said, proud of myself for taking control of things.

"Thank you for everything, Sammy." She sighed and closed her eyes.

"We should've planned to stay here longer." I chuckled.

"True but, it was the cheaper option." She said.

"You're right." I said, kissing her temple as I started to play with her hands. "Logan?"

"Yes, Sammy?" She asked quietly, eyes still closed.

"I love you like crazy." I said, feeling some sort of relief, as if I had to tell her. Like she needed to hear it.

"I love you so much, you'll never know, Sammy Wilk." She sighed contently.

"I think I have a pretty good idea, lil mama." I smiled to myself.

"This is the only alone time we're gonna have for the next week." She chuckled. "But, it's worth it for her."

"Does she not go to preschool?" I asked. She has to be at that age.

"The school district doesn't have preschool. She'll go to kindergarten next year." Logan explained and I felt at ease, knowing that Savannah wasn't missing out.

"Aunt Lo!" Savannah ran in with a big smile.

"Hey, baby!" Logan said cheerfully.

"Are you excited for the sleepover at Uncle Sammy's new house?" Savannah smiled, climbing into my lap.

"Of course, I am." Logan smiled, kissing her cheek and standing up, ready to go downstairs for dinner.

As we got downstairs, everyone was in the living room, watching the news.

"An arrest has been made in connection with a shooting that happened earlier this week in Southwest Omaha. No names have been released, as well as possible motives. The victim is in the hospital, stable, being treated for his wounds." The anchor of the local news channel spoke.

"Oh, thank goodness." My mom spoke up as everyone sat silently. Savannah just sat with Ben, not having any clue what was even happening. I was thankful for that.

The doorbell rang, my dad got up to answer it. He opened it, it was only the pizza delivery.

"Alright, let's just enjoy each other's company before you all head back tomorrow." My mom smiled contently as we all dug into the pizza.

••• the next morning

"Uncle Sammy, I'm sleepy." Savannah rubbed her eyes as we entered LAX airport.

"I know, sweetheart." I said, carrying her in one arm, pulling her luggage behind me. She lied her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes.

I felt awful for Savannah but, we had to get the earliest flight because, it was less expensive and we wouldn't have a bunch of fans stopping us. I'm not even sure if Savannah realizes that her "uncles" are famous.

We walked out to the parking lot and quickly found Skate's car.

"I'll drive." Swazz said to Skate, who looked like he hadn't slept in years. He refused to sleep on the plane because he sat with Savannah on the plane and he didn't trust the guy that sat in their row with them.

I climbed in the passenger seat, giving Savannah to Skate who kept her in his lap, considering she was still asleep.

After a decent drive we pulled up Skate's place.

"Is this your house, Uncle Sammy?" Savannah asked as Skate sat her down on the pavement, taking her little hand in his.

"No, this is Uncle Nate's. We'll go to mine later." I explained, getting the luggage out of the trunk.

She nodded and walked inside with Skate, Swazz following behind.

"Everything will be okay." I said, kissing her temple and walking inside with her.

By the time we got inside Savannah was already pulling toys out of her little backpack, asking Swazz to play with her, which he was clearly going to give into.

That little girl has three "uncles" and an aunt that she has completely wrapped around her finger and she has no idea. As long as she has us she will be protected, no matter what. I'll make sure of it.

•••

hope you guys liked it!

not too eventful but, that's okay

Savannah isn't even real but i freaking love her

i bought my prom dress today and im so excited. there's your little update on my life lol

love you guys!

please vote & comment what you think

-s.k.