Chapter 7: In Memoriam...

(A/N This chapter references my favorite tattoo of Chris's. It was also my favorite episode of NY Ink. If you havent seen the show check it out. It's amazing and Megan is absolutley adorable!)

Blythe's P.O.V.

Lilly decids to go shopping with Blaze while Janver and Chris get to go to Megan's shop with me. I'm actually really nervous since it's someone new doing my tattoo, especially one so special to me. I was kind of relieved when Chris had shown me the night before all of the tattoos Megan had done for him. I was really entrigued by the guitar Chris had gotten for his grandfather. I had planned on getting a music note heart with a copy of the engraving my dad had made on my guitar and the words 'In Memoriam...' on the bottom. I'm planning on getting it over my heart, cheesy I know, but he always said he'll be next to my heart and this is my way to embrace it.

I took a picture of the engraving and I had that and the heart in my hand. The engraving said, 'Daddy's Little Thorn' his nickname to me as a reference to a song he would always sing to me as a baby to get me to sleep or as I grew up to calm me down. We walk into the shop and Megan hugs me smiling as bright as ever, "Hey there doll! How's New York treating you?" She asks me and turns to Chris hugging him, "Hello Chris! It's been a while hun!"

I shrug and smile, "It's been pretty good. We're here for a couple weeks and I'm sure my friends are going to take us sightseeing." Chris laces his fingers in mine. I laugh nervously, "I'm sorry if I happen to shake. I'm just really nervous. I know your a good artist and everything I have just never had anyone but my aunt tattoo me."

She dismissed me with her hand, "It's perfectly fine doll! I'll take wonderful care of you. Now whose this?" She looked towards Janver with the same welcoming smile she gave Chris and me. Janver shifted slightly towards me.

"This is my friend Janver. His boyfriend took my friend Lilly for a shopping trip and I didn't want to leave him alone. Chris kinda had to come along because of my anxiety and my lack of nohow here." I explained to her. She nodded and took me over to her station, "So you said you wanted an 'In Memoriam' tattoo?"

"Yeah it's for my dad. I was a major daddy's girl and I feel like this is the best way to honor him. He was a piercer in my aunts parlor." I explain to her. I show her the pictures of he engraving and the notes. "I chose this especially because he taught me everything I know about music and he taught me how to make harmonies to different songs. We even composed a couple choral pieces together for him, my best friends, my brother, and me to sing together just for fun."

"Oh I see. Can you explain to me the engraving? What does it mean?"

"Daddy's Little Thorn is our reference to Poison's 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn.' It was kind of our song." I explain as I feel tears prickle the back of my eyes. I dismissed them quickly before they become noticable.

"Oh how sweet. If you dont mind me asking, what happened to your dad?" She asks and I instantly feel Chris and Janver's hands on my back.

"Umm....my aunt and my mother were visiting me and he stayed behind to look at the shop....there was a break in...he didn't make it out." I squeezed my eyes shut and Chris rubs my back.

I stop crying and Megan lays a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry doll....I didn't mean to bring up bad memories."

I nod, "It's fine. Let's get started shall we?"

When she was done she let me look in the mirror. It didn't hurt much but I have great pain tolerance. I start shedding tears when I see it. "Megan it's perfect thank you so much." I hug her and we go to pay her. After we leave we head back to the apartment.