Chapter 11: I Am An Addict For Dramatics

Blythe's P.O.V.

"Hey baby! Can you come here?" I hear Chris yell for me.

"Sure thing love, just give me a moment!" I reply back and I whisper to Lillith, "Remember Lilly, it's only for their own good that we don't say anything."

"Okay..." she sighs, "But what if they-"

"They aren't going to find out. The only one that might is Blaze and if he does we'll just leave."

"We can't keep running Blythe."

"I know...believe me I know...just let me figure everything out. We have to make it so he'll come for me. You understand?"

She nods, her white hair falling in front of her face. I walk out of her room and join Chris in our room, "Blythe what's going on?" I stop in my tracks and stare at him.

After a moment I speak, "What do you mean? I haven't-"

"You've been getting more and more quiet. You're just like how you were after..." he looks away at the memory and my hand reaches up for my scar, "I just want to make sure you're okay." He looks up at me.

"I'm fine. Don't worry-"

"Blythe I can't help but worry! You're hiding shit from me and I know something is wrong and it makes me feel so fucking helpless! I feel like-"

"Maybe I have a reason to hide shit Chris! I'm trying to protect you!" My right hand goes to my engagement ring as a thought runs through my mind, "Do you not trust me?"

He shakes his head an sighs, "It's not that. I almost lost you once. I don't want to go through it again."

I nod, "Then you're going to have to trust me when I say I'm fine okay?" My hands fall to my sides as I walk closer to him. I look at the clock and it was going on midnight.

He nods in agreement, "Just promise me that if you need help or you get overwhelmed, ask for help." I go to open my mouth before he stops me, "I know you hate it just...please promise me."

I think about it a little bit and look into his eyes, "Alright. Fine. I promise..." I say as regret and fear fills the core of my body. What have I done?