Chapter 16: I've Been Numb For So Long

Blythe's P.O.V.

Darkness. It's surrounding me. It's driving me insane. I really hope I'm not dead. I see a bright light and I close my eyes. When I open them I'm back at home. My childhood home, in Boston. I see the back porch and the swing my dad and I painted black and splatter painted neon colors for when he turned the back black light on and him, Braxton, and I would have our own mini raves.

I don't feel what I expected to at the memory. I thought I'd feel remorse for my dad. I just feel warmth. I also thought the place would look solemn to me. It has that happy glow one would see in a movie flashback. I walk up the steps to the back porch and sit on the swing.

I look out to the forest behind the house. It originally belonged to my Bapa, my dad's dad. He was the only grandfather I had alive since Belinda and Baina's dad died right after Braxton was born. He gave the house to my dad in his will and we moved in when I was thirteen and a half. Bapa died on my thirteenth birthday. I take a deep breath and take in the memories of this old house. I hear the door open and my heart stops. "Hey there Bumblybee." 

I sit there stunned, "D-dad?" He looked so young. It was incredible. He didn't have his beard either. I could tell I have his face structure and Braxton has his eyes. Dad sits down beside me and wipes my tears.

"How have you gotten even more beautiful in the year pass Bumblybee?" He calls me by my baby nickname. 

I wrap my arms around him and start crying, "I've missed you so much Daddy." I feel like a little girl again.

My dad strokes my hair and kisses my forehead, "I know baby. But you have to go back Darling. You don't belong here."

I shake my head, "I don't want you to leave again." My hand immediatly goes to my locket.

"I'm always with you Bumblybee. You just have to go back. It's not your time to come back now." He rubs my back and I look up at him. He has tears in his eyes.

"Mom misses you too." I say quietly.

He nods, "Her depression has taken a toll on her. I think we both know I'll be seeing her soon."

I nod and more tears fall, "I know Daddy."

"Chris needs you Bumblybee. So do your brothers."

"Brothers?"

He nods, "Why do you think Angelo was there that night? He was tracking down his baby sister. His mother and I dated previously and he was the product of it."

I look at him in shock. I dismiss that thought, "How do I get back?"

"I love you Bumblybee." He says as he kisses my forehead and everything fades to black.