Chapter 15: That's Why Closets Are For Skeletons

Chris's P.O.V.

"I'm afraid Miss Cromwell has a concussion and slipped into a coma upon her arrival. With the amount of both external and internal bleeding it's a miracle she is even alive. She's a very lucky girl so far. Hopefully her luck doesn't run out. You may go see her; one at a time though. She's in room 13B." The doctor tells us and walks away.

Lilly is the first to sit down. I raise my eyebrow at her, "Don't you want to see Blythe?"

She nods, "There is something I need too tell you first Chris. Let everyone else go see her until we're done." I nod and sit down beside her, my stomach knots even tighter.

"I already know the story so I'm just gonna go ahead and see Blythe." Blaze says before walking back to her room.

"I'm gonna go smoke." Rick says, walking out of the hospital.

"I'm gonna take Balz with me to get something to eat. We'll be back." Ryan tells us before they walk out with Rick.

I look back to Lilly, "Why is Blythe here?"

She takes a huge breath. "We went to a boarding school in Salem. It was only a few hours away from home so Belinda and Baina didn't have a problem with Blythe and I going." She starts, "It was our second week there when we noticed someone was following us. Being stupid freshman, we passed it off as an upperclassman playing a joke on us. Then after our third month, I starting getting flowers at my door and Blythe always got some kind of gift on her bed. Now we thought we just had some kind of secret admirer. After the fourth month both of us were attacked and Blythe was raped." Tears were streaming down her eyes at this point. I just looked at her in shock. "He held us captive for a long time before someone eventually helped us gett away and  Blythe and I decided to transfer back to Boston and it continued back at the school for awhile before it died off. We both assumed that maybe he found someone else to stalk or he died or something. Last week I got a call. It was from him. I told Blythe and we came here. She wanted to anyways to get that tattoo and she assumed that if we stayed away long enough the guy would have lost track again. Obviously we were both wrong. Now she's borderline dead and it's all my fault..."

"How is it-"

"I could have told someone Chris! I could have-"

"But Blythe was too stubborn to let you. That's not your fault or Blythe's." Then I thought for a moment. "Wait a minute...who was it that helped you guys escape?"

"Me..." I look towards the door and thought I was going crazy. It can't be...

Angelo....