Chapter 20: Momma's Little Babies

Blythe's P.O.V.

I'm now officially off of bedrest and Chris and I went out with the guys to celebrate. I asked my mother earlier if she wanted to go but she just said no. She's hit rock bottom now. I'm guessing anyday. She only showers anymore. Braxton and I have to go in and make her eat and drink. Braxton's still ignoring the truth. I don't know how she'll do it but I know she's going to commit suicide. I'm going to be sad, obviously, but I know that it's only for her own good. She is practically dead already. She died with my dad. Both Chris and I know that -hell everyone knows that!- yet Braxton still ignores it.

Everyone sits in the living room while Hazel and I make some wings (the place we were at didn't give much for our group. Guys are like garbage disposals!). "I'm gonna go check on Mom. You got these handled Purple Haze?" I laugh at her glares at me. If looks could kill I'd be dead by now. I prepared a little salad for Mom since she doesn't eat anything else.

"Yeah I got them. Take Braxton with you." Hazel says.

I nod and yank Braxton from the couch. "Help me with Mom, Brax." He follows me into her room and I sit next to Mom. I look at her and see her eyes were closed. I go to kiss her forehead thinking she's asleep. It feels like I'm kissing concrete. I look at her once more and scream.

Braxton's P.O.V.

I see Mom's eyes closed and I take the salad back into the kitchen. I look up when I hear the most blood curdling scream come from her room. I run to find Blythe crying, holding Mom in her arms. It can't be....I press my fingers to Mom's neck and tears flow instantly to my eyes. I can't believe Blythe was right. Mom's gone...

I peel a reluctant Blythe off of Mom and I take her into the living room. Her kicking and pulling isn't helping. I hand her over to, a standing and clearly alarmed, Chris, "Hold her tight" I tell him and walk over to the phone. Hazel runs back into Mom's room and immediately back out with tears in her eyes.

She clings to me as I dial 911. "Hello, what is your emergency?"

"I need to report a supposed suicide." I answer with a shaky voice and Hazel cries harder. Blythe's wails grow louder and Chris takes her into the bathroom to calm her down.

"Okay...who is the victim?"

"My mother...Belinda Cromwell."

"Alright now what is your address?" I told her, "Okay, I'm sending an ambulance and a dispatch team. You said a supposed suicide?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay. Is it a supposed murder as well?"

"No. She could have died from her heart strings breaking. A broken heart. My dad died recently and she found him."

"Oh okay. I am sorry for your loss." she says and we immediately hang up.

Soon enough an ambulance arrives and they carry Mom's body away on a stretcher. The cops question only Hazel and I because Blythe is too much in distress to talk to anyone. Chris is doing his best to calm her down. I give that dude props for taking such good care of my sister. Once everything is done we all go to our respective homes and Blythe eventually cries herself to sleep in Chris's arms. I think I'm too in shock to have a big reaction like that. Or one at all. I think deep inside, Blythe didn't want to believe that Mom could do something like that. She wanted Mom to get better. We all did. Now not only do we have to plan a wedding. We also have to plan a funeral.