Chapter 4

“Marine!” I hear my mothers voice from downstairs. I groan to myself, ignoring her annoying calls.

“MARINE!” she squeals again.

“I’m coming! Just give me a couple minutes!” I quickly readjust my dress, making sure everything was in place. Too lazy to do anything with my hair, I let my natural caramel hair fly out of the bun it was just in, and stroke it a few times till it was settled in. I dab some lip balm on my plump lips to keep them moisturized for the night, and stroke my eyelashes with a little mascara to freshen up my face. I then apply my moisturizer to make my skin glow. I didn’t really wear any makeup unless I had an event.

I slipped on my sandals, and grabbed Electra’s brown leather clutch off my bed, placeing my metal bracelet with blue evil eyes decorated around the length of the band. I then raced downstairs.

My mother had been in a worse mood than usual. Planning a dinner party in a day was very hectic for her, so she made me do her heavy labor all day. I simply am not in the mood to talk to a bunch of rich parents talk about how amazing their kids are, oh! And lets not forget all the glorious comments about Louis! Gag. Thank God Sage and Electra where coming, if not, I don’t know what I would have done.

“MARI- there you are I have been calling you non stop!”

“Sorry mom I was just getting ready.”

“It doesn’t matter now, I need you to do something for me, I forgot to get the cake from Glenda’s bakery a few blocks down, I need you to go and get it,”

“Mom, the party is starting in like 5 minutes, I have to be here when Electra and Sa-“

“Are you done talking now? I really don’t care about your problems Marine, I am under a lot of pressure, your father and I have a lot of business to do, and this party must be perfect for your brother, are you really that selfish?”

Wow.

Before I could interject, my mother continues her rant

“ And oh, Marine why are you wearing that hideous dress? You look fat in it, and why aren’t you wearing heels, you haven’t even done your hair or put on a reasonable amount of makeup! What do you want these people to think of you, of our family? You better behave tonight you hear me, and be nice to your brother. Now go get the cake please. Thank you darling.” She then darted away, not giving me another glance.

I really did despise my mother. It was like I was so used to being criticized by her that it just became numb to me, that I became unaffected by her jarring comments. And the thing is, I feel guilty for feeling this way towards her, because it just seems like that is not how I should think of my mother, but I do, and I just don’t understand.

----

Sorry babies I know it's a little short thats why i double updated. Updating tommorow, So stay tuned and like, comment, spread the word xx