3

ROSE POV    present day
It's been three months since finding out I'm pregnant. I'm currently at 4 months and one week pregnant. I'm waiting for my friends to show up so we can take a trip to the mall for shopping. Til then I'm curled up on the couch under my comforter with Netflix on the tv. I have been watching chopped episodes for the past few hours and it just makes me want to have a buffet of food.

I hear knocking on the door. Ugh. I get up and head to the door. Before opening the door I stand in front of my full length mirror. I'm currently wearing grey sweatpants and an oversized shirt. None of my clothes have been fitting even with my bump still being on the small side. I place a hand over the stomach and it reminds to be careful around Nellie; she has been snapping a lot lately. I run my hand through my long red hair and with the hair band around my wrist I toss my hair into a bun.

After being okay with my appearance, just kidding don't care, I open the door. I'm greeted with a smiling Rachel. "Hey Rose" she looks me over up and down, "still having morning sickness?" I move aside as so she can come in. We head straight to my room, so I follow. "No Rachel, my clothes are to uncomfortable to wear. For four months I feel huge" I laugh the last part. "For the morning sickness, the doctor prescribed me something to help. It's worked so far." I add. I sit on my bed and watch as she goes through my dresser and closet.

"Thats good" she says while placing boyfriend style jeans and a basic tee on the bed next to me. "Nellie will throw a fit seeing you dressed like this. I don't know why she has been snapping at you lately and since you've been not feeling good I wanna help you avoid it" she said sitting on the bed. I nod, "I didn't know that you've noticed it to."

"My cousin told me a trick for the jeans so you don't have to button them" she says pulling out a hair band from her shorts pocket. "Really! I've been wearing sweats for days cuz I couldn't stand how tight my jeans have been" I say with excitement. I stand up and begin stripping my clothes leaving me in my bra and underwear. I pull on the jeans and watch as Rachel shows me the trick she learned. Taking the hair band she put it half way through the hole and looped the band on each side onto the button. "Thanks Rach! This is so much better!" I smile as she goes she sits back down on the couch.

I put on my black t shirt and make sure it cover my bump. In a few more weeks it definitely will not be covering my growing bump. Ugh. I feel like a whale! My thoughts are interrupted as Rachel speaks up. "Promise me you won't let her push you around" she says softly. "I know how she gets. Pushy, bossy and acting like she is the queen b" she pauses then continues after grabbing my hand, "I don't know why she is treating you this way when you are doing an amazing thing for her."

Before I can respond my phone goes off. I pick it up off my end table, "Hello." It's Nellie. After a few seconds I say okay and hang up. "She isn't coming. She said something came up" I say putting my phone in my back pocket then sitting back down on the bed. "I can't believe her. She is the one that planned this!" She takes a deep breath, "since she isn't coming lets go get you maternity clothes. Use the credit card Eric gave you for them" she says with smile. I meet her eyes with curiosity, "how'd you know I have it?" She laughs and shakes her head, "even Eric has noticed the way Nellie has been lately. He wanted to make sure everything you need it covered. So after he gave you the card he told me to make sure you use it. Well at least at some point. I'd say this is needed" she answers then points to the hair hand on my pants. We burst laughing. "Okay lets go!"

---------------------
Please vote to show support if you like the store! Feel free to leave comments also!