11

Alberts POV

I cant believe that bitch. All i have done for her for the past weeks. All the time and energy just to make her happy. Wasted. I can only imagine when my father catches wind of what happened today at the stables. My brother just had to play the hero as always. GOD! This bitch better not make me loose my chance at being CEO.

I deserve this! I worked for this! Yes i played along and took advantage of the situation that Nellie had created by ditching Eric and leaving Rose pregnant. My

father wanted me to settle and i settled. Hard, but now look it has backfired. If i hear one word about my ceo job being taken Rose will pay. Rose will pay for sure.

William POV

I cant believe Albert would stoop so low. I know he was horrible but i just thought in a cocky playboy way. Not the mean, controlling, abusive way. Rose seems to be

a nice girl that was put into a rough situation. For Albert to want to take advantage of that and use it to get his ceo positon after dad retires is just ridiculous.

I am the older brother by a year and i would be ceo if i wanted it but instead i declined and choose to pursue my future at wanting to have my own cattle farm.

My father was originally was upset but learned to expect that wasn't what i wanted and also my mom helped persuade him. Albert immediately pursued the role which I didn't mind until now. seeing him act so ruthless. I'm sad to call him my brother. when i called my dad earlier, he instantly knew something was wrong so i could only I imagine father knew something that i don't.

Im listening to Rose talk about her lost friends ship with Nellie. How Eric has stood by her side and helped in any way he could. Also heard how my dad has helped and has been so gracious to her. I cant imagine being in her situation but im glad to see that she seems to be a down to earth person that is ready to take on this challenge

to better life and her sons. She defiantly has the spitfire personality to go along with the red hair to make it through these rough times. Plus those beautiful green eyes that are breathtaking. Wait. I need to get a hold of my self. I need to focus on finding the perfect property for the cattle ranch... but that doesn't me i cant

help rose. Right? I look to Rose as she is looking out to the pastures. "William stay here." She doesn't even look at me but continues to gaze to the wild grass blowing in the late breeze. "William stay at least for another week. Please. Just incase he comes back." she adds softly. I nod, "I wont leave until you ask me to" i respond.

What am i getting myself into.

Rose POV

I didn't realize how afraid of could happen until notice every time i glanced at the now bluish blackish bruise cover a good portion of my arm kept making me relive happened. How could he have laid his hands on me? Coming to the realization i don't want to be alone like i normally do when im stressed. I asked William to stay and he oblique my request.

I lean back in the porch chair starring at the sun. The sunset is stunning. Sunset! Oh crap! Has it been that long. Eric! I stand up fast. Immediately William is at my side. "Are you okay Rose" he asks concerned. "Oh of course. Sorry i didn't mean to startle you. I just realized how late it is. Eric is coming by with dinner around five"

i pull out my phone and check the time. 4:58pm. Should be here any-- "What's happening my people" i look up to see Eric walking up both hands holding to bag each full of Chinese food and hopefully ice cream as well. He places the food on the porch table. He holds his hands out and instantly i walk into his arms. As soon as his arms wrap around me i feel the tears filling up my eyes. Im fighting to keep them at bay. "Rose?" I look up to see Eric looking at me full of concern but his eyes turn to anger when he catches a glimpse at my arm. "What the hell Rose! What happened?" I see a shadow cast over me as William approaches us. "Eric. Settle she just started to calm down." he says giving him a pat on the back. As though he just realizes William is he stiffens up. "William?" "Yea its me man" "Holy crap dude i didn't know you were in town---wait why did she need to calm down. what happened" Eric asked. "you know im right here" i mumble in irritation. They both ignore my comment. "Eric, George will be here soon so why not wait til he arrives so we don't have to keep retelling the story. only have the conversation once. while we are waiting why don't you share some food" William chuckles trying to lighten the mood. Eric nods and we divvy up the door between the three of us waiting for George to arrive. William and Eric apparently haven't seen each other for about two years since a family get together. Apparently when William stepped down of being the next big ceo of Remmy enterprise he completely wanted out of the lime light. Being a Remington had you in the lime light no matter what so he stayed out of the city as much as possible and stuck out here or traveled down to a farm in texas where he would work on a buddies farm. They continued to chat about what has happened in the past two years.