Chapter 10 - Mystery

Saturday

Roni and Nessa woke up to their annoying alarm clocks. It was day one of finding Tiffany. They got ready and got into their car. They stopped by at James' house to pick him up. His uncle worked in a building in L.A. When they got there, Roni parked the car in the closest parking spot. James went into the building first to make sure his uncle was ready. The girls patiently waited inside the car. After a few minutes, Roni got a text from James saying that they could come inside. They got out of the car and Nessa walked over to Roni. They walked to the door together. Suddenly, Nessa stopped Roni as she reached for the door.
"Wait, Roni, that girl looks familiar," Nessa pointed at a girl walking out of a pet store with some dog food in her arms. The building that James' uncle works at was located next to a small pet shop.
"She does," Roni said as she squinted her eyes to see more clearly.
"Omg!" Nessa gasped. "Is that Tiffany!"
"It is!" Roni exclaimed.
"Lets go get her," Nessa started walking to her angrily. Roni grabbed her arm to stop her. "Let go of me Roni!"
"I have a plan." Nessa stopped and Roni let go.
"What plan?" Nessa said curiously.
"Ok, let's pretend like we don't know that she is the one who took Tiger."
"You really think I could do that! She took Tiger!" Nessa exclaimed.
"Calm down. Don't worry, remember we're actresses. I'll do most of the talking anyway."
Nessa nodded in agreement and they walked over to Tiffany.
"Hey Tiffany!" Roni said excitedly.
"Oh hey, girls," Tiffany was hesitant. "What are you girls doing here?" Tiffany did a fake laugh.
"Well, you see, Tiger actually went missing. We just came to buy him some new toys if he comes back," Roni said as her smile faded.
"Oh, I'm so sorry that Tiger went missing. I hope he returns back to you guys," Tiffany said with a fake smile.
Nessa noticed the dog food.
"Dog food? Did you get a dog?" Nessa asked.
"Oh, this! This is for a friend. Her, um, she is, um-" before she finished, she ran away, hopped in her car and drove away.
"She totally has Tiger," Nessa said angrily.
"Lets go inside," Roni walked to the building and Nessa followed. They saw James in the lobby waiting for them.
"Sorry we're late. We saw Tiffany walking out of the pet store and we stopped to talk to her," Roni explained.
"What! You saw Tiffany." The twins nodded their head in unison. "Why didn't you call me? We could've reported her!"
"Wow, I'm sorry James. I never thought of that," Roni said disappointed.
"Yeah, we're sorry. We totally missed our opportunity of getting Tiger back," Nessa added.
"It's ok, let's just go. My uncle is waiting for us." They walk to his office and discuss about what happened.
The appointment took longer than expected, but they soon got everything settled. They finally got home, and they dropped James off at his house. Roni and Nessa were in the living room watching Netflix when Nessa started talking.
"Do you think Tiger likes Tiffany better then us?" Nessa asked.
"What do you mean?" Roni seemed confused.
"What I mean is that what if Tiger is meant to be with Tiffany instead of us? What if they really have a special connection."
Roni was speechless.
"Don't say that. I promise that Tiger will come back. Just give Tiffany some time."
"You're right, I don't know what I was thinking."
"No worries," Roni then gave Nessa a comforting hug.

Meanwhile at Tiffany's house, Tiger was locked up in a cage crying with fear.
"Let me out!" He shouted.
"Just stay still," a person said as they injected Tiger with a sharp needle.