Chapter 20 - Truth

Vanessa's POV

  "See! I told you!" I say. Roni looks at me and back to Tiger.
  "You've gotta be kidding me!" She says.
  "Trust me, I'm not," I respond.
  "Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm going to faint!" Roni says sarcastically.
  I turn to see my parents coming back.
  "Here, Vanessa, take these pills. The paramedic says it will help you avoid any headaches for the next twenty four hours," my mom says handing me the pills.
  "Thanks," I respond.
  "We'll just be upstairs if you need anything," my dad says as they head to their room.
I put Tiger down and walk over to the kitchen counter to get a glass of water. I look to see Roni just staring at Tiger. Hopefully she'll get used to it. I take my pills and drink some water.
  "Nessa," Roni looks at me, "are you pulling a prank on me?"
  "Of course not. How would I even set up a prank like this?" I ask.
  "I don't know. You could've had a friend of yours record him talking and then placed speakers around the house," Roni says.
  "Roni, I think you're the one who's going crazy now," I tell her. "Go ahead, ask him any question you want."
  "Ok," she turns to face Tiger, "can anyone else talk to you?"
  Tiger stays silent for a second, and then replies. "Yes," he responds.
  Surprised at his reply, I sit next to Roni and ask, "Who?"
  "Hm, you guys have to guess first," Tiger says playfully.
  Roni and I exchange confused looks at each other.
  Roni shrugs and asks Tiger, "Who is it?"
  "Fine, its Tiffany," he replies.
  "What?" Roni and I say in unison.
  I hear footsteps come down the stairs.
  "Someone's coming," I whisper to Roni.
  "Ok, pretend like nothing happened," Roni whispers to me. I nod my head and we both stand up and sit at he kitchen table. We pull out our phones and pretend like we're doing something.
  I see our dad walk into the kitchen with the tray Roni gave them earlier.
  "That was a great breakfast, Veronica. Thanks," he tells Roni.
  "No problem," Roni responds.
  "How are you feeling Vanessa?" He asks as he starts washing the dishes.
  "I'm good. My headache is going away," I reply.
  I see Tiger walk over to our dad and look at him.
  "Oh hi Tiger!" Our dad says.
  "Hi!" Tiger responds.
  Roni and I see our dad turn confused. I look at Roni who has the same panic expression as me.
  "Did Tiger just say something?" Our dad asks confused. He looks at us waiting for an answer.
  "Uh, that was me!" I say. Roni looks at me shocked. I give the "I've got this" look to her. "Yeah, Roni and I have been giving Tiger different accents this morning."
  "Oh, ok," our dad says and slowly leaves the room confused.
  Once he leaves the room completely, I say, "Phew! That was a close one."
  "Yeah we just need to be careful next time," Roni replies.
  I go over to Tiger and pick him up,                    "Tiger you have to be careful next time. Who knows, someone might hear you talk and take you away and do an experiment on you."
  "I'm sorry," Tiger says and I hug him. Roni joins our embrace and we stay in that position for a whole minute.

A/N: Random thought. What do you guys think I look like (hair, eyes, style of clothing, etc.)? I'm just bored and want to know what you guys think. Ok, bye!