Chapter 16 - Patience

Vanessa's POV

"When is Tiffany coming out anyway?" Roni asked me.
"Shhh! She might hear us," I said covering her mouth.
"Sorry," Roni said apologetically as I put my hand down.
I heard something move inside. I placed my ear on the door. Roni did the same. I heard some footsteps. I looked around to make sure no one was looking at us. I saw no one and felt relieved. We listened for a little bit until Abby came up to us.
"Uh, Roni and Nessa," we both quickly looked at her. "What are you guys doing?" She asked confused.
"Oh, us? We're just, uh, dancing!" Roni said and started dancing. Abby and I gave her weird looks and Roni slowly stopped.
"Nice try," Abby said. Roni and I exchanged worried looks at each other. "I know what you're doing," Abby continued.
"What? You do?" I hesitantly asked. She nodded her head.
"You guys really need to pee, and checking if someone is in there," Abby replied.
"Oh, right! Totally," Roni said. I nodded my head in agreement.
"Here, let me check," we stepped to the side to let her check. She knocked on the door and waited for a reply. No response. She knocked again. "Any one in there?" Again, no response. We waited for about thirty seconds. "Please don't make me break the door!" She exclaimed. She rolled her eyes. "I'm coming in!"
Roni and I looked at each other shocked.
"Are you really doing to open the door?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded. "But how?"
"You'll see," she twisted the knob and did something magic-like. In a snap, the door opened. My jaw dropped at the sight. "This is what you learn in a house full of annoying siblings that like locking doors," she explained. We were speechless. She opened the door so that we could see the whole bathroom.
"What? There's no one here," Roni said confused. The three of us looked around.
"How is this possible?" I ask.
"Look! The window's open," Abby points to the window above the toilet.
"Of course Tiffany would escape," I whisper to myself.
"What did you say?" Abby asked.
"Oh, nothing," I say.
"Well, now you can use the bathroom. Let me just close the window first," Abby went to close the window and then left the bathroom.
"Can you believe it? Tiffany escaped," I tell Roni.
"Maybe we should just ignore Tiffany. I don't want to cause more problems," Roni replied.
"You're right, let's get back to the party," I say as I walk out.
"Ok, I just need to use the bathroom first," Roni said as she closed the door. I walk over to a group of people.

~~~~~

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Abby! Happy birthday to you!" We all sang. Abby blew the candles and we all clapped and cheered. The cake was cut and we ate our slices of cake. We ate it as we watched the birthday girl open her presents. She received some clothes, shoes, gift cards, and other cool things. After that, we all went to what we were doing before.
Roni and I decided to talk to some people and make friends. We talked to this one guy, Jack, who watches our videos. He said that he also is friends with Tiffany. We asked him if he knew where she went. He didn't know where she went. He said the last time they saw each other was before the popular song came on.
"How do you know Tiffany?" Jack asked.
"We were actually best friends with her in high school," Roni replied.
"Really! That's so cool. Why didn't she tell me?" Jack said. Roni and I both shrugged. "So are you guys still friends?" He continued.
"Well, actually no," Roni said.
"We sort of drifted off when we started our YouTube channel. We also lost contact when we moved here in California," I said.
"Wow, its such a weird coincidence that you saw your best friend from high school after all these years," Jack was astonished.
"Actually, we saw her a few weeks ago," Roni replied.
"How?" Jack became interested.
"It's a long story," I told him.
"Well let me just get comfortable then," Jack leaned back on the chair he was sitting on. I looked over at Roni. She nodded her head and we told him the long story.
"Wow, I can't believe she took your dog!" Jack said when we finished.
"I know, neither do I," I said.
"Who knew Tiffany can be so, what's the word I'm looking for?" Jack said.
"Crazy," Roni and I said in unison.
"Yeah, that," Jack replied. He looked at his phone. "Well I gotta get going," he said while standing up.
"Yeah, we should get going too," Roni said.
"Well it was nice meeting you guys," he said and he hugged both of us. He went over to Bella to tell her he was leaving. Roni and I did the same.
We finally got to our car and drove home. I still can't believe Tiffany escaped through the bathroom.

A/N: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy lately. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Also, thank you for 1k reads! I really appreciate it. Make sure to leave any suggestions you guys have. See you later!