Chapter 7 - Flashback

April 5, 2013
It was the day Roni and Nessa finally got their drivers license. Both of their parents went with them to the DMV. Since they recently get their new dog, Tiger, they asked Tiffany to take care of him while they were away. Tiffany had never taken care of a dog before, so she decided it was good to try something new.
Roni gave Tiffany a list of things to do and Nessa showed her all of Tiger's stuff. After they left, everything was doing just fine with Tiffany and Tiger. She gave him food and played with him. Tiffany went to the bathroom while Tiger laid in his bed. As Tiffany was washing her hands, the doorbell rang. When she left the bathroom to see who was at door, she heard a little boy's voice.
The voice said,"Oh, someone's at the door."
Tiffany suddenly stopped and looked around. She remembered that Roni and Nessa said it was only her and Tiger in the house. She slowly walked to the door cautious of anyone hiding inside the house. She made it to the door and opened it. In front of her were two young Girl Scouts.
"Hi there! Would you care to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" One of the girls asked.
"Oh no thank you. I'm actually not the owner of this house," Tiffany told them.
"So you stole this house?" The other girl questioned.
"No no! I'm just taking care of my friends dog who lives here," she explained.
"Oh a dog! Can we see it?" The girl asked.
"Of course! Tiger come here!" She said to Tiger. Tiger came rushing to the door and the girls immediately started petting him. As they were petting him, she heard the voice from earlier.
"Yay, friends!" The voice exclaimed. She looked around to see no one except the girls and Tiger.
"Tiger, don't bark," the girls said to the dog. Tiffany became confused.
"Tiger didn't bark," she told the girls.
"Yeah he did," the girl said. Tiffany was confused. She was sure she didn't hear a bark. Then, a car in front of the house rolled down its window.
"Lilly and Taylor, are you girls done?" A women, probably one of their moms, asked.
"Yeah," Lilly said and they both went inside the car and went to the next house. Tiffany was still wondering about that voice as she and Tiger went to the living room. Was she going insane, she thought. How come she couldn't hear Tiger bark? She realized that when the door rang that Tiger never barked, instead she heard the little voice say something.
"Tiger come here," she called to him. Tiger ran up to her and sat on her lap. She wondered if the little voice belonged to Tiger. "Ok Tiger, speak," she told him.
Tiger followed her command. "Ok," he said.
Tiffany was shocked. "Tiger! I can hear what you can say. That's why I couldn't hear you bark earlier."
"That's correct Tiffany," Tiger said. Tiffany was still shocked and became speechless.
An hour later, Roni and Nessa came back.
"Guess who got their drivers license!" Roni said excitedly.
"Let me guess, you two?" Tiffany said sarcastically.
"Ding, ding, ding! Correct!" Nessa said as they both showed Tiffany their drivers license.
"Sweet, now you can both drive me places," Tiffany said.
"I thought you already got your license," Nessa said.
"I did, but I'm too lazy to drive myself."
"Classic Tiffany," Roni said. "Oh yeah, how's tiger?"
"Good, but the weirdest thing happened today," Tiffany told them.
"What?" Nessa asked.
"Well, today I found out I have special connection with Tiger," Tiffany said.
"What kind of special connection?" Nessa asked.
"A really special one," Tiffany said mysteriously.
"Ok whatever you say," Roni said.