Chapter 12: A Solution

Daniel's POV:
It's been a few hours since Shane was stopped and taken to the medical bay. Ray who is a medical officer has ran several tests and treatments, he told me saying that he should make it through quite easily as there wasn't much damage done. I remained there with him as he needed some security, and Joey was also there as he would need a scientist to dissect samples of any tissues or nano bots.

Ray: I just took a blood sample and Joey I would need you to run the through some tests and see what you can find.

Joey: can do. I'll let you know as soon I find anything.
Joey said as he left the room and went to the lab.

All for a sudden Shane's body began to jerk uncontrollably, like he couldn't control himself, he started whimpering and soon was yelping out in pain, due to the Nano bug in his system. His eyes remained closed when this was happening, Ray quickly scanned him and said to me.

Ray: according to the scanning I made, it seems that the nano bug's bots are reaching his brain, attacking his nervous system and spinal cord. They are trying to feed through the Capilla DNA. I have no choice but the extract some of the nano bug hardware in order for him to live, if I don't do this then they will take over his body and we will have no choice but to kill him. As he would be too dangerous if we left him alive in that state.

Daniel: so there's a chance of him not surviving if we don't do this?

Ray: yes.

Daniel: let's do it.

Ray: I'm going to give him a tranquilliser, that will slow down the nano bots, so we can remove them.
He inserts a needle into Shane's chest, once he injected the liquid, he body instantly stopped jerking and went very still.

Ray: let's get to work.
Ray said as he got out a sonic laser, and tweezers and removed the implant on Shane's cheek, revealing a grey patch of skin, luckily there wasn't any implant underneath.

Daniel: it's like peeling an onion.
I said after seeing that the implant on Shane's cheek, came off in one piece.

Ray: yeah it is, not as hard as I thought.

Joey comes back with the blood sample and a clear plastic pad of data. He approached us and says:

Joey: I have just analysed the blood sample and ran a few tests. The results I got are good and bad. Which one do you want?

Ray: start with the bad.

Joey: ok, well the bad is that the nano bots that the nano bug spread have affected about 60% of his blood cells, leaving only 40% of them unaffected so that means there is about a 60% chance of him not making it. Now the good is that his tissues are untouched so this means that the nano bots didn't spread to them and also didn't spread to his entire system, so there is chance of us being able to drain out the nano bots and then increasing the number of normal blood cells, which I think the only way we can get him back to normal.

Daniel: we will need to get started on it immediately, before the tranquilliser wears off and before he gains consciousness.

Ray: absolutely, let's get to work.
Ray sad as he continued examining Shane who was still unconscious.

Author's note:
I know this was all Daniel's POV, but I promise that there will be a Joey's POV, in the next chapter.

I will update soon. Bye! :)