Chapter 11

Eyyyyy welcome to another chapter! So you guys like manotto right? Then well here ya go! Enjoy!

------------------

A month passed as tensions between Maurice and Roland were still prevalent but simmered down for the time being. Antauri tried to talk to Maurice when he could, but he kept up with leaving or denying that things were wrong. Mandarin was unafraid of his children now, but it was clear that something else was taking place.

Sprx noticed Mandarin just staring off to the side and went up to him.

"Um Mandarin? You okay?" He asked.

Mandarin jumped a bit and looked over at him.

"Huh? Oh, could be better." He admitted.

Sprx raised an eyebrow.

"You want me to get Otto? He's about done working on the weapons for the day." He suggested.

Mandarin shook his head.

"Oh no I don't want to be a burden to him."

Okay that was concerning. For the past week Mandarin seemed more depressed than usual and now he was saying stuff like this? That can't be a good sign for him or the twins.

"Okay..." He said before leaving him to stare at nothing again.

He peeked around the corner as Otto got up and wiped his forehead.

"Whoo! That's done! Now to find something to eat!" He chirped before running into Sprx.

"Oh hey Sprx what's up?" He asked.

Sprx looked back at where Mandarin was sitting.

"Listen you think you can talk to your boyfriend later? He's acting weird even for him."

Otto was caught on the boyfriend comment but quickly ignored it.

"Weird how?" He asked worriedly.

Sprx looked back at Mandarin again.

"Staring at nothing, saying that he doesn't want to be a burden? Doesn't that sound concerning to you?" He asked softly, causing Otto's eyes to widen.

"Yeah, you don't think this whole entire lab thing has given him depression do you?" Sprx asked.

Otto's heart pained at the thought. He wouldn't put it past him, given the circumstances. But still the thought was just so awful.

"I...I don't know but that sounds pretty bad. I'll talk to him later." He said as Mandarin got up to go back to his room.

"Or right now." Otto thought, going past the red monkey.

-------

Mandarin laid on his bed, his mind begging to sleep. Before he could even close his eyes he heard the door open and Otto hopped onto the bed.

"Hi you." Otto chirped.

Mandarin blinked before resting his head against him, his mind yelling at him to pull back.

"Hello..."

Otto tilted his head.

"You okay? You seem out of it."

Did Sprx talk to him? He said he didn't want to be a burden to Otto! He sighed.

"You know me too well. No, no I'm not." He softly said.

Otto's face drooped as he nuzzled Mandarin's cheek.

"I had a feeling. You seem more depressed than usual and I'm worried." He said.