Chapter 20

Ok let's see how the team is holding up with these new babies and see how things go from there!

-----------------------------

Mason's cries woke those who were using the baby monitors for the week up. Mandarin quickly sat up and began to get up before he felt Otto grab his arm.

"No Mandy, Sprx's got this." Otto muttered, still sleepy.

Mandarin shook his head.

"No I should get him this time." He said.

Otto hopped up on him.

"You've been getting them for the past few nights, let the others handle them." Otto yawned.

"But I'm their mother-!"

Otto kissed him and nuzzled his cheek.

"Mandarin, you need sleep. I know you want to be there for them but....but...just go sleep." Otto said, forgetting what he was trying to say.

Mandarin sighed and laid back down. He just wanted to take care of his babies, is that so wrong. He appreciates the help but they're still his children.

"Go to sleep cutie, we got places to go today." Otto chirped, curling next to him.

Mandarin sighed but nodded.

"Okay." He said before turning over and falling back to sleep.

Meanwhile in Angela's room, the young monkey felt shaky and nervous.

"Are you...are you sure this will work?" She telepathically asked Skeleton King.

"Of course it will, just wait for Reid's signal and do what you must. If we have to, we'll have you retreat with them." Skeleton King assured her.

Angela sighed shakily and nodded.

"They're gonna hate me..."

"Maybe so, but one day they'll see the light. They'll understand why you joined us."

Angela pursed her lips and nodded. Hopefully.

"Now rest dear child. You have a big day to look foreword to." Skeleton King told her.

Angela nodded and got back under the covers. Today will be the walk through the threshold.
-------------
Mandarin looked over the wall and down to the city streets. They were on top of the arcade building and checking over some of the guns and sticky bullets the allies will be using.

"Cool!" Violet said, picking up one of the guns.

"Violet don't touch them. Now you guys go play while we set everything up." Antauri said.

Violet nodded and ran off downstairs.
Antauri then noticed Roland messing with something in his bag.

"Roland."

Roland looked up.

"What is it that you brought?" Antauri asked.

"Uhh toys." Roland said.

Antauri crossed his arms and stared hard at him. Roland looked of to the side and hummed.

"Oh look! The space raiders game!" He said before running downstairs.

"Roland!" Antauri called after him but sighed.

It was the twins first day out and so far the day has been going well. For the most part. Antauri sensed something was off, almost tense.

"Angela, aren't you gonna go downstairs and play with the others? The adults are gonna have a long boring talk." Jinmay said.

Angela looked up at her and shook her head.

"Oh I'll be down in a bit, I just wanna play with Mel-Mel a bit more." She cooed, playing with Melody's hands.

Melody cooed. Mandarin smiled before looking back out at the scenery. He saw the tip of the castle not too far away and his smile dropped. He suddenly felt a hand on his arm as he looked down at Chiro.

"Don't worry, we'll get them." He said.

Mandarin paused before nodding slightly.

The two stared out at the castle for a second.

"You know, it's hard to believe that a few years ago you were about to destroy me." Chiro said.

Mandarin snickered.

"It's also had to believe that around this time that many years ago I had no idea of what Skeleton King was going to do. Or that I would be a mother but I guess fate had other plans."

Chiro nodded before they heard whining.

"Mandarin, your goofy son dropped his caterpillar!" Sprx called out as Erin whined as he tried to grab for his toy.

"Can't you get it?" Nova asked before she saw the amount of tools he had in his arms.

"Oh never mind."

Mandarin went over to Erin and picked his toy up.

"There you go, better?"

Erin smiled and nodded before grabbing the stuffed caterpillar.

Suddenly he heard gunshots as the team were stuck in growing pink gunk before Mandarin felt heavy chains wrap around him. The three infants started crying as Mandarin looked over at who was holding him.

"Well! That was easier than I thought!" Reid, the yellow monkey with green eyes said as Artemis stood next to him.

She looked away, not wanting to look at Mandarin in the face. Mandarin's mind then clicked as he looked over at Angela, who held up one of the guns. She had tears flowing down her eyes as she choked back a sob.

"A-Angela?" Mandarin breathed.

"If we were created by Skeleton King...then we have no choice but to follow him!" Angela yelled.

Mandarin started to struggle against the chains, despite Reid's tight grip.

"Both me, and you!" Angela shuddered, holding up the gun.

Mandarin tried to activate his sword but now of all times was it starting to jam. Antauri struggled against the gunk.

"Angela don't do this!" He called out.

"Yeah Angela, think about what you're doing!" Chiro yelled worriedly.

Reid smirked.

"It's too late for her now, she's already ours. Come on Angela, gunk him up so we can stop by the labs." He said, making Mandarin's stomach churn and have him break out into a cold sweat.

Artemis got in front of Reid.

"Or! We could bring him back to the castle and convince Skeleton King to have him work with us!" She offered, causing Reid to give her a 'you gotta be kidding me' look.

"Are you insane?! He's supposed to go to the labs Artemis. That's his purpose."

Artemis groaned.

"I will not have this conversation with you guys again!" She huffed.

Mandarin's eyes trailed back to Angela as the team tried to talk her down.

"Angela don't do this!"

"Come on kid don't listen to them!"

"It's okay sweetie, you're not meant to fight for Skeleton King!"

"Angela don't..." Mandarin said softly,

Angela's eyes softened, but for only a moment as she held up the gun and glared.

"It's...it's what I was born for." She growled before pulling the trigger.

As the gunk flew at Mandarin, it was stopped by a blue shield. Roland held up the shield before realizing who was holding the gun.

"Angela? What are you doing?!" He demanded.